TP still showing he cares for the community

“The goal of the Collective is to create partnerships with companies and corporations to serve the community through impactful mentoring and educational programs. Our plan is to have student-athletes work side by side with the staff of companies to develop and present these programs to an array of groups that could include but not be limited to:

• Elementary, Middle, and High School Classes
  • Boys and Girls Clubs
  • After School Programs
  • Community Sports Teams
  • Church Youth Groups

Student-Athletes would be involved in the planning, setup, and execution of these projects while working side by side with marketing or community development personnel to meet the desired outcomes of your company and the expected educational components of our student-athletes. Student-athletes will be compensated by the collective for their participation.”

https://www.lightthetowercollective.com/community-partners/

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

It really doesn’t bother me one way or another that he is moving on. However, if I were pop Perry, I would remind him of how this staff took a chance on when he had limited offers. He’s certainly a consideration for UNT Hall of Fame after only 2 years. (So is Jeremy Combs)

It’s been mentioned here by SUMG that he’s as beloved athlete to come through here. I wouldn’t be too short sighted by a larger 1 year NIL payday. He’s stated numerous times that he wants to be a HS coach. Look at all the goodwill that he has established in the North Texas community. 

I don’t see serious professional basketball opportunities after his eligibility is up. Why not finish at UNT? Serve as a GA on Hodges’ staff for a year or 2. He would then have tremendous support from the DFW community in the corporate world. 

UNT has been the perfect fit for his talents. Concerned that he will not be a  cornerstone at an SEC or Big 12 school, despite a larger NIL. Don’t doubt his drive and determination to beat the odds as a short non athletic shooting guard. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 4