Albert Bimper, administrator and former football player, leaving CSU for new job

Dannymacfan

Albert Bimper, a former football player who has served in a variety of teaching and administrative roles at Colorado State University, is stepping down at the end of the school year for a new post in his home state at the University of North Texas.

Bimper, 38, is set to begin his new job as the executive dean of North Texas’ College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences on July 1. North Texas Provost Michael McPherson announced the hiring in a news release Wednesday, referring to him as an “experienced administrator and dedicated scholar-educator.”

The University of North Texas is located in Denton, a suburb of Bimper’s hometown of Dallas.

“CSU has been a place that raised me for so many years,” Bimper told Source, an online publication of CSU’s marketing and communications team. “I’ve seen it as a student, as an athlete, as a faculty member and as an administrator. I left home to find a home, and that has prepared me to go back home. It’s been a privilege to call CSU home, too. That’s why this place is special to me.”

Link: https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/education/2023/03/09/albert-bimper-leaving-colorado-state-university-for-north-texas/69990128007/

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/10/2023 at 7:41 AM, Dannymacfan said:

Bimper, 38, is set to begin his new job as the executive dean of North Texas’ College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences on July 1. North Texas Provost Michael McPherson announced the hiring in a news release Wednesday, referring to him as an “experienced administrator and dedicated scholar-educator.”

Pretty cool he is the provost. I had McPherson for a few classes when I was a student. Great dude.

NT kicker Denis Hopavac was actually in one of my McPherson classes.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1