LIV Golf

DeepGreen

3 hours ago, keith said:

I watch it.  Much better field/leaderboard this week on LIV than the Honda Classic.

i do as well.  i care about more guys on the LIV tour than on the PGA tour.  the team aspect is cool as well

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Does anyone really watch LIV Golf?  I don’t.  I use to enjoy watching Carlos and Munoz on the PGA Tour but that’s all lost now.

why is it lost now that they are on a different tour?  they are still our north texas guys playing professional golf.  

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, THOR said:

i do as well.  i care about more guys on the LIV tour than on the PGA tour.  the team aspect is cool as well

I guess the “team” aspect of LIV is what I don’t care for.  It’s been an individual game for so long.  If you want the team thingy, go back to college and play.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

I guess the “team” aspect of LIV is what I don’t care for.  It’s been an individual game for so long.  If you want the team thingy, go back to college and play.

So, you don't like the Ryder Cup?  One part of the team aspect that I think works is it keeps players who are off the individual leaderboard engaged.  Say player XYZ has played poorly the first two rounds and has not contributed any scoring to the team.  He can redeem himself by putting up a good score on Sunday to help his team even though he's shot himself out of contention with his play the first two days.  Plus there is a different type of pressure when you have others counting on you instead of just yourself.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

No. Exhibition golf for a bunch that weren’t going to win much on the PGA tour outside of DJ and Cameron.  

I don't know about that.  Brooks Koepka?  Bryson D?  They've definitely picked up some heavyweights who would be as likely to win on the PGA Tour as almost anyone who remained on the Tour.

I do agree with your "exhibition golf" comment, though.  It just doesn't have that same competitive spirit as PGA tournaments.  It looks like golfers who have already picked up their checks laughing through an inconsequential round.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, keith said:

So, you don't like the Ryder Cup?

Of course I like the Ryder Cup.  United States vs Europe.

"The Ryder Cup is a biennial men's golf competition between teams from Europe and the United States. The competition is contested every two years with the venue alternating between courses in the United States and Europe. The Ryder Cup is named after the English businessman Samuel Ryder who donated the trophy. The event is jointly administered by the PGA of America and Ryder Cup Europe, the latter a joint venture of the PGA European Tour, the PGA of Great Britain and Ireland, and the PGAs of Europe."

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I don't know about that.  Brooks Koepka?  Bryson D?  They've definitely picked up some heavyweights who would be as likely to win on the PGA Tour as almost anyone who remained on the Tour.

I do agree with your "exhibition golf" comment, though.  It just doesn't have that same competitive spirit as PGA tournaments.  It looks like golfers who have already picked up their checks laughing through an inconsequential round.

Koepka got hurt and has won once in the past two to three years. Bryson D hasn’t done anything on the LIV and has fallen out of the Top 100 in the world rankings. They are both a shell of what they were. 

19 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

No. Exhibition golf for a bunch that weren’t going to win much on the PGA tour outside of DJ and Cameron.  

i have never heard of the top 5 (kirk, cole, duncan, gerard, taylor) of the honda classic this weekend.  the honda classic sounds like exhibition golf.  oddly enough, ive heard of 4/5 (howell, uihlein, grace, casey, steele) of the top five at the LIV event.

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Koepka got hurt and has won once in the past two to three years. Bryson D hasn’t done anything on the LIV and has fallen out of the Top 100 in the world rankings. They are both a shell of what they were. 

Well, they'll all fall out of the OWGR soon enough, as LIV events do not count.  Considering Koepka's and Bryson's age, I'd think they still have plenty left in the tank, but I'll never know as I'll probably never follow the LIV.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if it was brought up prior on a different topic but Carlos made an appearance on the Netflix show Full Swing.  The 7th episode was about rookies so half of it was following Mito Pereira around. They talked about how the Hispanic golfers are close with each other and Mito had a get together at his house that Carlos attended and received a little attention. Sebastian was also on the episode, but it was just a couple of clips of him and some other golfing buddies waiting to congratulate/console Mito after he blew the PGA championship. 

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 1