@ Charlotte (2/23/2023)

greenminer

Who you got?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. UNT (23-5, 14-3) @ Charlotte (16-11, 7-9)

• Mean Green Eagles
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/24/2023 at 12:30 AM

8 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

Wild. Whats even more surprising is I thought it would just be easy for Nike to make new ones fairly easily. Unless this is all some elaborate rick roll and I'm just not getting it. 

It is all part of an elaborate scheme to rebrand the basketball team from the Mean Green to Mac's Black Attack sponsored by Mattress Mac.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

On 2/19/2023 at 10:55 PM, golfingomez said:

i have no data to back up this statement, but, is it just me, or has the offense picked up the pace lately?

I feel like since the Rice game, our offense has not decided to run the clock as much. is there a simple way to look up splits on time per possession this year?

Well, this aged like a glass of fine milk...

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, CMJ said:

When we had the lead at half despite having like five points at the ten minute mark, I thought we were home free too.

Last 10 minutes 1H felt great! Kai looked like he knew what to do w TP on the bench.  Abou was not in foul trouble.  We looked comfortable.

Really uncharacteristic of Grant's teams to "find" themselves, then lose it again in the same game.  2H looked eerily (to me) like the beginning of the game: Abou was not impacting the game, players just standing still on offense like they didn't know what to do without TP.

Just bad juju all around.

• Upvote 4

To me, the team just looked uncharacteristically tired.  Perry getting into early foul trouble and team shooting 23% threes is going to get NT beat.  

No one other than Scott had a good game and he fouled out.

Jones played good defense, but he is not helping on offense by taking outside shots.   

Has Ousmane ever made one of those long hook shots he continue to take, he should IMO never shoot from over 5 feet out. 

I think NT has the best coach in the league, and maybe the best team, but every team is going to have an off game.  Unfortunately, Charlotte played better than NT: hopefully it is a loss that can refocus the team going down the stretch. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Last 10 minutes 1H felt great! Kai looked like he knew what to do w TP on the bench.  Abou was not in foul trouble.  We looked comfortable.

Really uncharacteristic of Grant's teams to "find" themselves, then lose it again in the same game.  2H looked eerily (to me) like the beginning of the game: Abou was not impacting the game, players just standing still on offense like they didn't know what to do without TP.

Just bad juju all around.

Wish they'd make it a point to get Perry involved early. He tends to find his shot later in the game but would really be good to get him in a rythm early.

There was such little fight late in the game. I recall offensive possessions where guys weren't fighting for offensive rebounds or doing much at all. Like you said, just standing around. Against UTEP you'd see Sissoko obstructing defenders when somebody was driving to the basket but it doesn't appear Ousmane does that. Not much impact unless he has the ball or has a favorable match-up down low. Would have liked to see Sissoko in more yesterday.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

Tough night shooting, we looked unprepared and unfocused. Worst 3 point shooting night of the season? The most frustrating thing was all the chances we didn't even get to take because of turnovers. Overall it doesn't change the fact that we need to win the tournament to go to the dance, let's just hope we can use this game to remember that going forward. 

We looked tired.  Several players got banged up during this very physical game.  CUSA officials were pitifully inconsistent in calls and non-calls.  That crew was suspect in another game we had recently.  A week of rest hopefully helps prepare the team for postseason.

• Upvote 2