• Blue Raiders
  2. 2. UAB @ UTEP

• Blazers
    • Miners
  3. 3. UTSA @ Rice

• Roadrunners
    • Owls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/17/2023 at 02:30 AM

35 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

I guess we now want UAB to lose and Rice to win? MTSU, too, but probably not if that means FAU losing.

The general feeling is, we want UAB and FAU on the opposite side of the bracket from us.

Just a heads up, I am not going to be surprised if the tournament shakes out in a way that is not at all like the regular season.

I don't feel like FAU is a dominant force right now.  Just strong and consistent.  The T4-5 teams in this conference are all within reach of each other.

Watched some of the CBS Sports halftime broadcast for highlights and they mentioned if FAU lost a single game before the conference tourney and then did not win the tourney, they would be at risk of not making the big dance as an at-large. Well, they lost tonight to MTSU. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't make it with how high their NET would likely still be (probably right around 30 in that scenario) but that's what the CBS sports halftime crew believes. Pretty crazy how disrespected the mid-majors are these days. Go back 10 years and you'd have 10ish mid-majors make the big dance as an at-large. Seems bids were much more spreadout by conference. Don't know what happened but it's disappointing. Guess they don't want too many Cinderella stories.

• Upvote 2