Navy and Ken Niumatalolo part ways

El Paso Eagle

On 12/11/2022 at 11:29 AM, NorthTexan95 said:

A Navy coach who’s teams lose to inferior Army teams due to their own mistakes.  No thanks.

I don't want him either, but I I think ever since Monken arrived the teams have been pretty evenly matched. Navy had a big talent and schematic advantage for years, but that has not been the case for the last eight or nine years.

Always have been a fan of the Triple Option. When run effectively, it's a fun offense to watch IMO and demoralizing for defenses that can't stop it. Troy Calhoun has done a great job with the Flexbone at Air Force. 

Back to Navy though, interesting article here about the firing.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35240443/niumatalolo-says-navy-fired-immediately-loss-army 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, South Texas Green said:

Always have been a fan of the Triple Option. When run effectively, it's a fun offense to watch IMO and demoralizing for defenses that can't stop it. Troy Calhoun has done a great job with the Flexbone at Air Force. 

Back to Navy though, interesting article here about the firing.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35240443/niumatalolo-says-navy-fired-immediately-loss-army 

So you're telling me that they didn't fire this guy in September... and then, not only has he not taken an ad out to thank the university, but he's publicly berating them?

Sounds like no one over there knows how to run an organization like us fine folks at gmg

• Haha 1