Outside the box hire at A&M-Commerce

El Paso Eagle

6 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Very interesting stuff. This could go really well or really poorly but one thing you know is they are going to play fast and be able to get the ball into tight windows quickly if they follow his Arena league pedigree.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TalonsUp said:

Getting fu is gonna make us look so smart

Just a hunch, but IMO the longer this plays out the less likely it's Fuente.  We've been eyeballing him for over a year now, and he has likely looked at us.  A decision on Fuente isn't going to need a ton of time at this point.

5 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Just a hunch, but IMO the longer this plays out the less likely it's Fuente.  We've been eyeballing him for over a year now, and he has likely looked at us.  A decision on Fuente isn't going to need a ton of time at this point.

Could it be he is waiting to see if his buddy Wren makes a move at WVU?

3 minutes ago, ExADofficeIntern said:

Or if he is the pick… they are negotiating over things such as assistant coach budget etc… let’s hope they give a boost to the budget with us moving into the American next year

Most Head coaches are only as good as the pieces they are able to put around them. I hope whoever the HC is they leave enough in the budget to get the level of support staffing we need to compete at the top of the American.

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Most Head coaches are only as good as the pieces they are able to put around them. I hope whoever the HC is they leave enough in the budget to get the level of support staffing we need to compete at the top of the American.

I agree, and I think that is and could be a huge sticking point. With that being said, JayD did say some solid additions at OC/DC maybe coming as well or rumored… I hope the names are solid enough that it’s forcing the university to open up its budget a bit more to put a top of the line staff on the field

I can tell you many of the people i know who played there aren’t gonna be happy about the hire. But I mean its kind of unique and outside the box. Plus the guy is from Texas and should know where to recruit but will need to put together a good staff to help him early on atleast

Edited by MeanGreen4Life1998