5-8

9-5

9-4

4-8

4-6

6-7

4-4 so far 

41-42 overall, salary $1.9 million 

I wonder why Fritz was given so much time to turn it around at Tulane? Not sure how they’ve viewed Fritz there. Can’t believe they brought him back after going 2-10 in year 6, but now he has them ranked in year 7….

Just thought the similarities were interesting….

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, zenhuddy said:

Maybe similar mentality from the Administration about football and it’s importance to the school ? It is more of an academic driven college right ?  

Tulane is highly rated and called “Harvard of the South”.    They are also private and in the shadow of LSU and New Orleans Saints when it comes to football.  They are more like Rice than SMU.  They want to be good but they aren’t delusional.  Their primary mission is to produce competent competitive graduates with career connections.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Willie Fritz hired in 2016

4-8

5-7

7-6

7-6

6-6

2-10

7-1 so far 

38-44 overall, Salary $1.9 million

Seth Littrell hired in 2016

5-8

9-5

9-4

4-8

4-6

6-7

4-4 so far 

41-42 overall, salary $1.9 million 

I wonder why Fritz was given so much time to turn it around at Tulane? Not sure how they’ve viewed Fritz there. Can’t believe they brought him back after going 2-10 in year 6, but now he has them ranked in year 7….

Just thought the similarities were interesting….

Basing the probability on an outlier scenario has very near zero correlation. One successful example doesn't outweigh 40 unsuccessful ones

• Oh Boy! 1

I think there's just a general understanding by decision makers that it takes times. Rome wasn't built in a day. Before Fritz, Tulane had experienced 3 winning seasons since 1999 when Scelfo took over.

We all look at UCF, Houston, Cincinnati and other strong G5s and wonder why we can't be like them. Reality is, many of those programs have been mostly over .500 for the past 20 years. We went nearly a decade with no winning seasons, had a 9 win season in 2013, then more losing seasons before SL got us back to back 9 win seasons.

I've seen people say around the board we need our Art Briles, referring to Houston. Correct me if I'm wrong but Briles never won a Bowl game with a Houston. He won 1 Conference Championship. Wasn't exactly a world beater at UH but he laid the foundation. I believe that's what SL has done here. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 2