Sure, I Cheated, But It's OK Now

13 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Did you even read it guy. Don’t conflate the two. SMU was paying players, that is common knowledge, that situation is completely different from the Reggie Bush incident. 

Then why did the Heisman folks pull his award? Hell, I don’t know this for certain, but did they even take OJ’s Heisman from him? How about Johnny Football’s Heisman after he got suspended for breaking the rules?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, LongJim said:

"Our Mission. The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity..."--Heisman Trust

Maybe VY had more “integrity” in college (although Colt McCoy’s girlfriend gave indications maybe not) than Bush but VY hasn’t been a shining example the last several years.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Then why did the Heisman folks pull his award? Hell, I don’t know this for certain, but did they even take OJ’s Heisman from him? How about Johnny Football’s Heisman after he got suspended for breaking the rules?

Okay…now we’re just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. I have no clue why you’re throwing OJ into this 😂 The post was about Bush cheating. I don’t believe receiving a used car gives you an advantage on the football field. Is that against the rules, sure I’ll give you that.  Just don’t make the argument that the car gave him and advantage which means he was cheating. Reggie Bush was going to dominate with or without that used car. It’s a stupid rule because the NCAA is notorious for not following or selectively enforcing its own rules, it picks and chooses when and where. So in closing, a dumb rule enforced by a an organization that itself is bad at following rules. 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Maybe VY had more “integrity” in college (although Colt McCoy’s girlfriend gave indications maybe not) than Bush but VY hasn’t been a shining example the last several years.

Not sure what you're getting at?  What does Young have to do with Bush getting the Heisman trophy back?

• Thanks 1

Comparing their lone head to head matchup as a measuring stick on who was better is not a valid comparison.  The only reason USC lost was Pete Carroll going for it on 4th down, at the end of the game.  If he does what he should have done, he punts, pins t.u. deep, and Young is too far away with too little time.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...