I'm dreaming of a M.G. trip to the college

Mo Green

For all the dreaming about a NT baseball team....I learned something about college bb while in el paso this week.

NMSU's bb annual budget is $360,000, with $95,000 of that for travel costs. The El paso times said that most CUSA member's play bb, the "new teams " in the league do not have a bb teams ( i.e. sorry ltech). I guess the article wants the miners to look again at bb.

The aggies have 25 players who divide up the available 11.7 scholarships ( i.e. NCAA limit- how does the shorthorn's do it? ).

So.....buy more football & basketball season tickets so we will make our own money for this club!!!

GMG

I'm surprised that NMSU spends that much on baseball. Most teams that I checked on spend somewhere between $125,000-175,000 per year on baseball. There are exceptions. Texas spends over $500,000 and Rice isn't that far behind. TCU spends around a quarter of a million. My guess is that we should have expenses of around $150,000 after startup costs.

I'll enjoy the competition but I'm afraid that the CSW is just a dream for now.