DRC: UNT 2021 schedule takeaways -- Mean Green will face tough road

Brett Vito

On 1/30/2021 at 10:58 AM, southsideguy said:

Are we playing Mizzou for the money that is a mistake.   We need to build momentum going into conference play and we  start conference play 1-3 we lose the fair seat fans.  I am not saying play St Mary school for the blind but we need winnable games.  As far as SMUT goes they bring nothing to our stadium and we inflate their numbers.   Dump them and find a team that can bring fans in.  Houston Baptist brought more fans in than SMUT.  

I don't playing SMU if we can be competitive but getting our asses kick over and over is not fun.   Funny when we beat them they fire their coach.   

On 1/29/2021 at 10:58 AM, UNTLifer said:

That's what gets me.  Many on here state that if SL doesn't win 7 or 8 games then he should be gone, yet we name practice fields and put coaches in the HOF with overall losing records.

Shouldn't it be called the Darrell Dickey Practice Field sponsored by Mattress Mac?

On 2/1/2021 at 12:38 PM, TheColonyEagle said:

I hope you're right....

I'm not sure what the greatest one season turnaround is for a defense but for our defense to be good enough to win with a middle of the road QB....our 2021 turnaround will have to be one of the greatest in football history.

Maybe we'll see history in Denton this year...

Looks like we addressed the QB situation about as well as one could hope for. 😉

• Upvote 1