When Rose Returns To The Starting Lineup

BillySee58

After watching Smart guard Manek last night, and given how our offense has struggled, I wonder if Mccasland tries swapping Smart in for Jahmiah Simmons instead of replacing Gibson or Duffy.

It would be good for a few reasons. I think it would help get Gibson and Duffy going, which would be huge for us unlocking our potential as a team. It also plays to some of our biggest team strengths which are guard play, shooting, and our guards rebounding abilities. 

Manek was one of the few fours on our schedule with the size and skill to make Smart pay, and he didn’t. Might not happen but it wouldn’t shock me, and I’d like to see it.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 2

everything I've seen of Gibson and our current roster situation screams out for him to be the combo guard off the bench once rotations tighten up in conference. 

he obviously has a world of talent, but he plays a bit erratic and young yet...he has the handle and quicks to come in at the 1 and give Ryan 2-3 minutes rest here and there and rather than tasking him with running an offense, try and get him going with tempo, isolation and 2-man game...then bring Ryan back and slide Gibson to the two to spell Rose/Duffy. it'd show faith in him while reining him back a bit. 

• Lovely Take 1

34 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

everything I've seen of Gibson and our current roster situation screams out for him to be the combo guard off the bench once rotations tighten up in conference. 

he obviously has a world of talent, but he plays a bit erratic and young yet...he has the handle and quicks to come in at the 1 and give Ryan 2-3 minutes rest here and there and rather than tasking him with running an offense, try and get him going with tempo, isolation and 2-man game...then bring Ryan back and slide Gibson to the two to spell Rose/Duffy. it'd show faith in him while reining him back a bit. 

I bet you're right, just have to get Rose's legs back.

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

After watching Smart guard Manek last night, and given how our offense has struggled, I wonder if Mccasland tries swapping Smart in for Jahmiah Simmons instead of replacing Gibson or Duffy.

It would be good for a few reasons. I think it would help get Gibson and Duffy going, which would be huge for us unlocking our potential as a team. It also plays to some of our biggest team strengths which are guard play, shooting, and our guards rebounding abilities. 

Manek was one of the few fours on our schedule with the size and skill to make Smart pay, and he didn’t. Might not happen but it wouldn’t shock me, and I’d like to see it.

See my comment above 🙂

Gibson is probably the best on ball defender on the roster, wonder if G Mac is willing to do away with that in the starting lineup. While we could go super small, I fear by taking J Simmons off the floor you become too small. Duffey’s game is more fit to come off the bench imo, a scorer that could help boost the 2nd unit, but then again the CBI run showed he’s more than capable in a starting role.... unlike years past, nice to have some depth! Good time for a week off, staff can hopefully start pinning down some rotations, kids starting filling their roles... great to have basketball back at North Texas

Edited by ItsSparky