Candidate To Break The Draft Drought: EJ Ejiya

BillySee58

I’m sure I’m not the first person to throw this thought out there, but I feel like Ejiya could be the kind of player who could climb up draft charts fairly quickly.

His size is absolutely in his favor at 6’3” 231 lbs, he is a tackling machine who already has two sacks following a 7 sack/12 TFL/100+ tackle season, and he was recruited originally to play rover and be sort of a linebacker/safety hybrid so he has the tools to be solid in coverage as well.

Heading into our matchup against the only P5 school on our schedule, this is a huge opportunity for guys like Ejiya, Guyton, Bussey, Fine, etc to show scouts that they can produce against an SEC roster. Most scouts I have heard will, when evaluating non P5 prospects, pop on the film they have against P5 schools first for obvious reasons. Really hope they can pop.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I’m sure I’m not the first person to throw this thought out there

Actually I think you might be.  Solid take supported by facts.  Knew he was fast but never thought of his size being NFL caliber.  Would be awesome to see him break through.

8 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I’m sure I’m not the first person to throw this thought out there, but I feel like Ejiya could be the kind of player who could climb up draft charts fairly quickly.

His size is absolutely in his favor at 6’3” 231 lbs, he is a tackling machine who already has two sacks following a 7 sack/12 TFL/100+ tackle season, and he was recruited originally to play rover and be sort of a linebacker/safety hybrid so he has the tools to be solid in coverage as well.

Heading into our matchup against the only P5 school on our schedule, this is a huge opportunity for guys like Ejiya, Guyton, Bussey, Fine, etc to show scouts that they can produce against an SEC roster. Most scouts I have heard will, when evaluating non P5 prospects, pop on the film they have against P5 schools first for obvious reasons. Really hope they can pop.

I've been telling my buddies.. EJ is getting drafted this year. He's got too much production to go along with physical traits to not be taken in the draft.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Actually I think you might be.  Solid take supported by facts.  Knew he was fast but never thought of his size being NFL caliber.  Would be awesome to see him break through.

Not to toot my own horn, but at the end of my gigantic post below...

(granted, I said UDFA, but if he can work his way up to getting drafted, that would be awesome & would not surprise me at all.)

Defensively... Rod Young & Kemon Hall as well.

• Thanks 1