Just went to my 1st NT Softball game

UNT_92_Fan

I actually got outta bed before 3 on a friday and went and enjoyed a REALLY good softball game! The Ladys won 6-0 but the atmosphere out there was great! They had it set up really well...with the sound systems and music playing....There are games all weekend long and i plan on making as many as i can pending on the work situation...but for sure tomorrow at 1230 at Denia I will be there....If you wanna go up there with me and some of my friends just met me know!!! Maybe go alittle early and have a hot dog or two....

Holla Back

GMG

We went to the OSU game this morning and it was a tough game....the same ump that made horrible calls yesterday was on the field with the ladys again...and he did not disappoint!!! More horrible calls! That guy needs to learn the transfer rule....if he made the CORRECT call at first base after she transferred from glove to throwing hand...OSU would not have put up 3 runs the next batter....he reminds me alot of that fan from chicago....totally blew it for us! Enough complaining....Coach Segal has a good team on that field and i know me and my boys are gonna be attending all we can!!!! Thanks for gettin it going again Coach!!!! See ya at the next home game and hopefully i can introduce myself afterwards!

Holla Back

GMG

Went to the OSU game, my first. The weather was great and despite the loss we had agreat time.

Question for Coach S or anyone else who would know. Will they charge admission at every game or just for the tournaments like yesterday?

The other thing to point out is that there is a playground for kids in the park where the softball field is, so if you have kids they can play while you watch the game.

And for those of you that don't know how to get to Denia Parkk;

Off of I-35 take the McCormick exit near campus, but go south. When McCormick dead ends, take a left and you can't miss the fields on the right. Also there is plenty of parking on the south side of the park, the lot on the north side is pretty small.

DAMMIT....I'm sorry I missed that one. I did catch the Wichita State game earlier today, as well as the Okie State and SMSU games.

I gotta say...with me not being all that big on basketball (though, I DO love making an ass of myself at the b-ball games)...I think I've found a new favorite North Texas spring sport! The girls look like they're having a great time. Also, with the weather getting warmer, it's a great way to get out and get some fresh air.

Quick question for Coach Segal...is the area just on the other side of the outfield fences open for fans at all? Me and my crew would love to 'live' out there and hang "K"'s from the fence and just be crazy like we are at the Super Pit.

Keep up the great work Coach...I had a blast this weekend!

i think its a great idea to have some "BLEACHER BUMS".... However, since we are playing on a city park, a portable set of bleachers will kill the grass between the two fences........ which needs to be used once we are finished playing there.... MIGHT BE A ????? FOR THE CITY AND RICK V.... I will ask...... or feel free....

Might have to wait until the stadium is done........

Thank you for coming out to the ballpark...

WEDNESDAY GAME TIME 1/3pm vs CENTENARY!!! Last game of home stand until after spring break!!

GO MEAN GREEN!

i think its a great idea to have some "BLEACHER BUMS".... However, since we are playing on a city park, a portable set of bleachers will kill the grass between the two fences........ which needs to be used once we are finished playing there.... MIGHT BE A ????? FOR THE CITY AND RICK V.... I will ask......  or feel free....

Who needs bleachers? ph34r.gif

laugh.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

All those who can make it out to Fresno for the tourneyment there will see a really outstanding facility for softball. The stadium is as good as I've seen anywhere. Softball is big stuff there with one national championship banner. The football, baseball, and softball stadiums are all grouped on opposite street corners. Very attractive. Does anyone have a picture of the softball stadium?