Jeffery Wilson

UNTMike81

San Fran. vs Colt's. Alfred Morros 17 carries 84 yrs. 4.9 per attempt.

Jeffery Wilson 5 carries  24 yrs. 4.8 per attempt.

I didn't see the game so I don't know when Jeffrey was in. 49ers website or other news source said 49ers pretty happy with Morris. I hope they're happy with Mr. Wilson.

• Upvote 2

It wasn't in the 4th quarter.  That's when I tuned in expecting him to get touches.  From what I've read, it seems like he played in the first half wirh the 1s and 2s...

5 carries isn't a huge sample size but he averaged over 4 yards per touch against his limited action against the Texans also.  I hope they at least put him on the practice squad.

4 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

It wasn't in the 4th quarter.  That's when I tuned in expecting him to get touches.  From what I've read, it seems like he played in the first half wirh the 1s and 2s...

5 carries isn't a huge sample size but he averaged over 4 yards per touch against his limited action against the Texans also.  I hope they at least put him on the practice squad.

Looks like he at least played in the last of the 2nd quarter.  No highlights of him other than the commentator saying “Wilson is the set back” with about 2:30 remaining in the 2nd. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1

I recorded the game and went back to watch it. I fast forwarded through everything except when Wilson was in the game. He started playing in the first quarter with about 3 minutes left in the quarter. Looks like he went in to relieve Morris. He ran the ball well. He and Morris alternated the entire second quarter. He finished the second quarter out and started the third quarter. He was then replaced in the third by McNicholls. So, it looks like he was the number two RB and McNicholls dropped to third because I know before they had McNicholls playing ahead of him. Usually the third preseason game is the dress rehearsal for the regular season. I hope that means that Wilson has done enough to at least be the second RB.

• Thanks 1

They have a starter (out injured), they have a backup (injured too). They signed Morris for the 3rd spot. 
McNicholls and Wilson are playing for the practice squad. Hopefully this means Wilson is ahead of him on that race...

44 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

They have a starter (out injured), they have a backup (injured too). They signed Morris for the 3rd spot. 
McNicholls and Wilson are playing for the practice squad. Hopefully this means Wilson is ahead of him on that race...

That's what it looks like.  I expect both Wilson and McNicholls to duke it out next week.  They play again this Thursday and I vet they only run Wilson, McNicholls and Mostert that game.  No sense in tsetting Morris get hurt with your two starters already banged up.  I do hope he gets a shot on the practice squad.  I really think he could be a great 3DB.