IS the UNT vs. IU game on TV?

tommy03

I didn't think blackout rules applied to college unless a local channel has the rights, and it is being aired locally.

But unfortunately I don't have ESPN FULL COURT.

On The Dish for about $160 you can have the ESPN Full Court package which covers tonight's UNT/Indiana Hoosier game at the SuperPit and the balance of the NCAA college BB season.

Now about our Mean Green football recruiting.... rolleyes.gif

Now wait a second. I'm all for North Texas having a successful basketball team, but why post it on the football side : huh.gif

Because the basketball board gets 4% of the amount of traffic that the football board does.

That is about right - 4%, about 4% of the students are interested in basketball. Actually that is a little high, if 4% of the students were interested in basketball then there would be 1200 students at the games.

This is Texas, football is king... basketball is something to do in the off season. Our basketball team is very bad right now. If they start to beat some Div I teams that are not from Pan America or do not have 90% of it's team either transferred or in jail... then... maybe then... people will care and show up and then the basketball board will start to get some action. Personally I post over there occasionally but it is mostly non-basketball related. It is a great place to escape from time to time as the people over there are actually knowledgable of sports (and all that implies).

Not sure which basketball team you've not seen this season, but our guys are improving exponentially. wink.gif

The only recent disappointment was that SE Missouri game. I mean, the team I saw play NW Oklahoma would've been beaten by at least 30 points against this Indiana team. We lost by only 9...

Read the basketball board more...Shawnson Johnson would...

Our basketball team is very bad right now.  If they start to beat some Div I teams that are not from Pan America or do not have 90% of it's team either transferred or in jail... then... maybe then... people will care and show up and then the basketball board will start to get some action.

If you guys weren't there last night, you missed a great game (just like the officials). These guys are much better than last years team because of the hustle and heart they play with. Coach Jones has done a wonderful job of squeezing out the most from these guys. You really should see them in person. It is a lot of fun.

The game was televised on ESPN Regional back to Indiana and their region. We have another home game in a couple weeks vs. NMSU also broadcast on ESPN Regional but I think this will be for our region (DFW). One thing I didn't like because of this was the long TV timeouts, like in the Bowl, it kills any momentum you have then.

I still find it very disappointing that people who followed the football team when they were bad dismiss the basketball team because they aren't the best.

Yes, we are in Texas and football is king, but that doesn't mean that other sports don't exist. Go to a Denton Ryan or Gainesville basketball game and then say that people in this area don't care about basketball. People do care about basketball, maybe not as much as football, but there are still many who care. The problem is that the athletic department or whoever is responsible does not publisize or try to promote basketball at all. I've talked to students who are interested and basketball and asked them if they wen't to a game the previous night and the usual response is, "UNT had a game last night?". It is hard to bring in the casual fan who would like to watch some D1 basketball when that person doesn't even know when the games are.

It is hard to bring in the casual fan who would like to watch some D1 basketball when that person doesn't even know when the games are.

When I went to the TCU game, I noticed a few signs stuck in the ground that had removable panels. They pretty much went:

Men's Basketball

*day panel**time panel*

against *visitor panel*

at Daniel-Meyer

I thought it was a pretty cool idea. Maybe I'll try to get a sign made up for the next home game and put it close to the tailgate along North Texas blvd. I'm also thinking of buying one of MGStock's flags and hanging it from my car. Sitting there yesterday, I sure noticed a ton of traffic on that street that wasn't game related, and it's not even the school year.

Edit: There's a place in Dallas that can make up 3x5 flags with custom graphics for about $80. I was thinking of doing this: Click me. I could hang it from the side of my car facing the SP close to the street.

Edited by Gakusei

Move the tipoff time back to 7:35 pm and pick up the Dallas supporters if you want more attendance. Until that happens, I'm listening to the radio call. I miss being there, but I just can't take the stress of fighting my way up I-35 after work and still enjoy the game; there must be a few hundred just like me.

Move the tipoff time back to 7:35 pm and pick up the Dallas supporters if you want more attendance.  Until that happens, I'm listening to the radio call.  I miss being there, but I just can't take the stress of fighting my way up I-35 after work and still enjoy the game; there must be a few hundred just like me.

I tried to come over on highway 380 from McKinney/Frisco and they had it closed for construction west of Denton and a detour north to Pilot Point. A normal 1 hour drive took 2 hours, and would probably discourage any other fan that came that way from coming back for a weeknight game at 7pm. UNT's attendance is being affected by construction on the area highways. sad.gif

I don't buy the weeknight tipoff BS. For a couple people it might be true, but we had a Saturday game against Hardin-Simmons, and there couldn't have been more than 200-300 people in the whole arena, and that's including the HS kids that were still there from their game. Attendance was reported at 600 or so due to season tickets, I believe.

Until people start showing to Saturday games, I think the 7PM tipoffs are fine.

I work in Lewisville and the extra 35 minutes (with a 7:35 tip off) would help get me there more often. I've had BB season tickets for about four out of the last eight years and driving up 35E to Denton is a Whip at 6pm. It gets a little better at 6:30. I don't have season tickets this year do to:

1) I have not gotten season ticket info from the Athletic department,

2) The 35E traffic is a whip,

3) The 35E traffic is a bigger whip for a 7pm tip off,

I had thought that maybe the tip off was moved to get the "local" TV stations more time to get the footage back for the 10pm newscast... Hmmm. Indiana was in town and Dale Hansen at CH8 didn't even mention it on the 10pm. All they had to do is roll some tape off of ESPN to get highlights. Hmmm...

Edited by gruu

Indiana was in town and Dale Hansen at CH8 didn't even mention it on the 10pm. All they had to do is roll some tape off of ESPN to get highlights. Hmmm...

Hansen's Nebraska Huskers were playing a football game last night too, they plus the Cowboys got all the sports talk, and Ok State eating at Lawry's was big sports news too! blink.gif

Edited by NT80