Breaking Ekeler Headed to UNC

TheReal_jayD

3 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

I think this excites me the most. Reffett's defenses at ULM were damn hard to figure out. I always wondered if we were more conservative with Ekeler in there. Really excited to see what a true "swarming" defense looks like next year

This.  I think the defense will be better with Reffett.  If you are going to have dbs manned up, at least get after the QB.

5 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I believe this and from what I am hearing this could be blessing in disguise by letting Reffert have full reigns of Defense he will be able to do more of what him and Seth want to do with the 3-3-5 and blitzing more.

I kind of agree, it was mostly Reffets defense so in terms of pure play calling and game prep we are probably
 not losing much, while freeing dollars for something else. However, Eckeler always looked like an awesome motivator, and other than the UTEP gamee our offense never gave in, and there were more than a few situations where they could have. I think this is where we might really miss Eckeler. But it is moot, I don't think there was much that could have been done to prevent this.

5 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

With Davis and Ekeler gone, now it's Seth's chance to hire good coaches but even better recruiters. 

This. So much this.

• Upvote 1