Silver lining

emmitt01

1 hour ago, BeatNavy said:

I'd say that on our best Saturdays, Army was on par with better G5 teams: Road win at Temple, road win at Wake Forest, 66 points on the road at UTEP (yes, it was UTEP, but no one else scored 66 on them this year). 

On our worst Saturdays, we were far from that: loss at Buffalo, 7 turnovers in regular season vs you guys, loss to Notre Dame.

If you think Navy was among the best G5 teams this year, consider that we beat Temple on the road while Navy lost to them at home (note that Navy was already down 21-0 before QB was injured). Then consider that Navy beat ND and we got demolished by ND.  

And of course our special teams were far from a strength, especially after we lost starting kicker on opening KO at Buffalo. 

Part of being a good team is being consistent. Inconsistency reeks of average. 

You guys were a better team than us this year, as the record indicates. This isn't a slam. But good teams are consistently good against like competition. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, UNT90 said:

That's what people say when they have a low rated class. Coachspeak at its finest. 

Ok I'm semi confused. You talk about our class and how it's bad yet you are wanting UNT to look at/go after a kid who's got no D1 offers.  I enjoy chatting with you but I'm starting to get confused. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Look how long it took to judge many of Todd Dodge's recruits (for the most part).  Didn't most of his last recruiting class play a huge role winning a bowl game at the Cotton Bowl stadium on January 1, 2014?   

Fun to talk recruiting as it's a Lone Star State tradition, but some times might it be said we don't know what the hell we're talking about when judging our coach's recruits?

➡️ Look how in the 70's & part of the 80's how UNT played the Texas Longhorns  to the finish line?  How did their recruiting classes rank verses ours?  How many multi-star recruits or Top 10 recruiting classes did they have compared to ours? 

I know, all that kinda' takes all the fun out of recruiting & "woe is us--we're screwed" talk.?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Obviously something obscure you've conjured up in your own mind, so in that respect, you are correct.

Lol. When people like you say "you're an a$$h___" or "you're a sad, dispicable person," that's name calling.

You should know. You've been empowered to do it unfettered in the past. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

6 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Ok I'm semi confused. You talk about our class and how it's bad yet you are wanting UNT to look at/go after a kid who's got no D1 offers.  I enjoy chatting with you but I'm starting to get confused. 

You know good and well that isn't my position. My problem is zero contact. Not even for a preferred walk on possibility. For an all-area player 15 miles from your campus. He isn't just going to magically enroll.

Not worried about it anymore, though. He will have offers, and that is the main thing, to help get college paid for.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

You know good and well that isn't my position. My problem is zero contact. Not even for a preferred walk on possibility. For an all-area player 15 miles from your campus. He isn't just going to magically enroll.

Not worried about it anymore, though. He will have offers, and that is the main thing, to help get college paid for.

Fair enough point, and we've had that discussion.  He definitely will get school paid for.  I can't remember if we talked abot it or not but position need is a huge deal. We have some guys who will fill that position for a few years and the staff probably feels like they've got guys for that spot for several classes.  With the mess the roster is in (probably worse than we know) id guess that has something to do with it.  Let's give the staff through the end of the recruiting period and see if there is still no contact made.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1