Student Tkt Donation

Wag Tag

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

Received a call from John Nitardy today thanking me for my support and buying tkts to the bowl game.

I brought up how are student tkts being handled? UNT has been given a ration of student tkts at $20 a pop.

They are taking donations to the MGC which will be used to pay for or offset the pricing to students.

Would like to see a HUUUUUUGE STUDENT TURNOUT! GMG

We need to bus them over in waves. 

• Upvote 4

I'm more than happy to contribute to this cause. Thing is, there are still individuals making that phone call from whom i wouldn't buy a raft on the Titanic for fear I'd end up with a leaky inner tube that doesn't get inflated during the year purchased and derisive sneer if I received anything at all.

My trust levels aren't yet built up enough to blindly write checks. I want to see the actual logistics.

To TheWren™, I do love the idea. Show me how it works toward the stated goal.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 4

11 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I mean, I know he's old, but I do think he's at least upgraded to turntables for his DJ business. 

LOL!  I went fully digital when digital wasn't cool with the old school DJ's.   www.soundworksdeejay.com

And that quote:  "The older the violin, the sweeter the music."   Well, only we old pharts' say those kind of things, right, Hunter Green?  LOL!

MICKEY, MICKEY YOUR SO COOL!

My childhood hero Oklahoman Mickey Mantle who I was fortunate as a kid to see hit the 1'st home run in the Astrodome's Opening Night on April 9, 1965, & who I met at the UNT Super Pit conference room area when he was with his good friend UNT basketball coach the late Bill Blakely; anyway, "the Mick" said:

"If I knew I was going to live to be this old, I'd taken better care of myself."

GMG!  Beat Army!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I'm more than happy to contribute to this cause. Thing is, there are still individuals making that phone call from whom i wouldn't buy a raft on the Titanic for fear I'd end up with a leaky inner tube that doesn't get inflated during the year purchased and derisive sneer if I received anything at all.

My trust levels aren't yet built up enough to blindly write checks. I want to see the actual logistics.

To TheWren™, I do love the idea. Show me how it works toward the stated goal.

I donated to this cause, and I know of three others who have as well.  I called Mike Smith and he took care of it for me as he did at least one other person I know.  We bought tickets which will be given away to students on campus at various events and points around campus.  If you do want to participate just call Mike, tell him how many if the $20 student tickets you wish to donate and give him your credit card number.  Done! Easy! 

• Upvote 5

How are the donations working?

Let's say there are 1,000 student tickets available, face value $20,000

Alumni donate $2,000

Does the price of ALL student tickets then go down to $18?  Does the AD find 100 deserving students and give them tickets for free leaving the other 900 to still pay $20?

To go all 90s (the decade, not the poster), "What's the deal with student tickets?" 

On 12/9/2016 at 9:05 AM, oldguystudent said:

How are the donations working?

Let's say there are 1,000 student tickets available, face value $20,000

Alumni donate $2,000

Does the price of ALL student tickets then go down to $18?  Does the AD find 100 deserving students and give them tickets for free leaving the other 900 to still pay $20?

To go all 90s (the decade, not the poster), "What's the deal with student tickets?" 

The face value of the tickets are actually $50.00. Donations have enabled the value of student tickets to only be $20.00.

• Upvote 2