MGB Friday Q&A with Sal Interdonato

Brett Vito

"Army doesn’t think North Texas’ offense is that much different than Rice and UTEP.  The Black Knights held both of those teams to 14 points."

lol.

I'm not worried about us scoring, I'm worried about us keeping their offense in check.

3 hours ago, Cerebus said:

2bSPfAB.gif

Looks pretty untrustworthy to me...

That's how everyone in the Hudson Valley looks.

Edited by Ryan Munthe

15 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

"Army doesn’t think North Texas’ offense is that much different than Rice and UTEP.  The Black Knights held both of those teams to 14 points."

I really hope Army is preparing for NT's offense like they would UTEP/Rice... neither of which are Spread/Air-Raid.  
UTEP's offense is a "pro-style" that looks a lot like McCarney's.  
Rice is a wreck.

Something tells me they're not though, and that Sal needs to pay more attention to the opponents of team he writes for. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I really hope Army is preparing for NT's offense like they would UTEP/Rice... neither of which are Spread/Air-Raid.  
UTEP's offense is a "pro-style" that looks a lot like McCarney's.  
Rice is a wreck.

Something tells me they're not though, and that Sal needs to pay more attention to the opponents of team he writes for. 

I thought the same thing when I read that statement. Sal doesn't seem to know much about our offense, or personnel. Rice and UTEP don't have a Mason Fine on their rosters. They don't have defenses as good as ours either. I'm sure Army knows what they are in for.

I think Army's offense is a big part of their defensive success. Army controls the clock with that triple option and they don't allow opponents many snaps. Our defense is better then Rice's and UTEP's. If our defense can slow down their triple option, and get our offense more snaps, then I think we have the offensive talent to wear down Army's defense. If our O-line can control the line of scrimmage against Army's smaller D-line, we might easily win this game.

• Upvote 1

Kind of salty comments for a beat writer of a team that has been down for so long. First quarter of this game is going to be huge. Establishing a flow of momentum on O and keeping their trip option at bay early will be big. It's an interesting match up. Being almost 3 td dogs is kind of puzzling. Army did lose to a 1-5 Buffalo team that are 20 point dogs to a 1-6 NIU team. Sit on that for awhile. TBH, I think we're gonna be fine in this one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1