Ticket Prices

NTAlum09

16 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

Anybody notice the ticket prices are cheaper in the GA? If we can't sell out the GA section at $12 a piece there's a problem. But I like the direction they are going at to get more butts in the seats.

Product on the field is largely responsible for ticket sales. You can spend millions on marketing and promotions but if the team on the field is constantly not getting it done, you're just wasting money.

$12 just means there is not a lot of demand for those seats. If we start packing 28k to 30k per game, regardless of the opponent, ticket prices will naturally go up due to scarcity of ticket availability.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UNTFan23 said:

Product on the field is largely responsible for ticket sales. You can spend millions on marketing and promotions but if the team on the field is constantly not getting it done, you're just wasting money.

$12 just means there is not a lot of demand for those seats. If we start packing 28k to 30k per game, regardless of the opponent, ticket prices will naturally go up due to scarcity of ticket availability.

How many can the GA section hold? Anybody know?

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

Anybody notice the ticket prices are cheaper in the GA? If we can't sell out the GA section at $12 a piece there's a problem. But I like the direction they are going at to get more butts in the seats.

Had no idea. Did you have to dig for the info or did you see it advertised somewhere?

Just now, UNTFan23 said:

http://www.meangreensports.com/tickets/football.html

Season and single game ticket prices are there for everyone to see.

Yes I understand that. You and I know how to navigate their website for the most part, but what about the people that aren't interested in a game.

Need to reach them by letting them know, hey it's just 12 bucks.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Yes I understand that. You and I know how to navigate their website for the most part, but what about the people that aren't interested in a game.

Need to reach them by letting them know, hey it's just 12 bucks.

You can get to the football tickets page in two clicks after landing on any MGS.com page. I don't know if you can make that any more intuitive or not.

I guess you could add sub-menus when you hover over 'Tickets' to allow someone to navigate directly a specific sport rather than being directed to the Tickets page.

Edited by UNTFan23

You can get to the football tickets page in two clicks after landing on any MGS.com page. I don't know if you can make that any more intuitive or not.

I guess you could add sub-menus when you hover over 'Tickets' to allow to navigate directly a specific sport rather than being directed to the Tickets page.

I'm not talking about people that are interested.

I'm talking about advertising and reaching people that are not interested.

There are a lack of butts in those seats. How do we reach these butts?

Edited by Aldo

1 minute ago, Aldo said:

Need one of those monster truck rally type of commercials where announcer yells "Ticket's are only 12 BUCKS!"

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Aldo said:

"Not Interested" people will not come regardless of ticket price.

We want to reach out to those who don't know they're interested... because there are many, many of those folks out there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We want to reach out to those who don't know they're interested... because there are many, many of those folks out there.

Won't know till you advertise something on Pandora, Ranger game, the Ticket, etc.

At this point, I want to try to reach anyone and everyone.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Wait, so not interested people and people who don't know they are interested don't fall under the same subcategory of disinterested fans? 

1 minute ago, Aldo said:

Any advertising should focus on just selling tickets where you mention 'tickets cost as little as $12'. From there, let people decide just how much they want to spend based on where they want to sit. You might be surprised to see how many people actually upgrade their seats.

You could easily lose money on trying to advertise/market/promote your least expensive option. If that section does hold 5k (again, just a guess on my part) meaning your max potential revenue for that section is $60,000 per game at $12/seat. So if your advertising costs total $100,000 for a single game, you've lost money regardless of selling all available seats. If your advertising costs were $50,000, you'd need to sell 4,166 tickets (83% sell through) just to have your campaign break even.

I understand people want to see the wingzone filled with people but filling the sidelines should be the focus as your margins are much higher.

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

Wait, so not interested people and people who don't know they are interested don't fall under the same subcategory of disinterested fans? 

If I had a product to give away and you knew about it, but weren't interested, that is one thing.  Those people are not interested.
If I had a product to give away and you had no idea about it, but would be interested if you did know, that is another.

Follow?

As for UNT football, there are probably more people out there that have no idea about game times/dates and ticket prices than those that do know but are not interested.
That said, cast a wide net when it comes to advertising because you never know who will see it.   I've seen quite a few signs (both Web & physical) around advertising season tickets starting at $60.   That is a great start.   Hopefully after the season starts, we change strategy and move towards individual game ticket prices.

• Upvote 1

Any advertising should focus on just selling tickets where you mention 'tickets cost as little as $12'.

This is all I'm talking about. Just telling people, hey it's low investment, now you know it's a low investment because look here's a hard figure, come check us out. Bring your family for less than $100. Don't have to invest in season tickets.

It can be anything from a tweet ($0), a twitter/FB ad (>$0), radio spot (>>$0), or full blown TV campaign (>>>$0). Something. Anything.

Then as you mention, you hook someone, they can then decide what to do.

Just now, Aldo said:

This is all I'm talking about. Just telling people, hey it's low investment, now you know it's a low investment because look here's a hard figure, come check us out. Bring your family for less than $100. Don't have to invest in season tickets.

It can be anything from a tweet ($0), a twitter/FB ad (>$0), radio spot (>>$0), or full blown TV campaign (>>>$0). Something. Anything.

Then as you mention, you hook someone, they can then decide what to do.

And that is where the struggle begins. Just how much money are you willing to "invest" with the hopes it gets enough attention to drive ticket sales? Even if your budget for a single game is $100,000, that means you'd need to sell 3,333 single game tickets at $30/seat for your campaign to have broke even. That's a pretty aggressive goal given our recent history of not winning many games. That might be a good goal for the SMU game given the name awareness our fans have with that school but all other opponents the chance of making that level of ticket sales might be a much larger challenge, especially if you have "head winds" of poor out of conference and road game performance prior to an upcoming home game you're trying to advertise/promote/market.

1 hour ago, UNTFan23 said:

And that is where the struggle begins. Just how much money are you willing to "invest" with the hopes it gets enough attention to drive ticket sales? Even if your budget for a single game is $100,000, that means you'd need to sell 3,333 single game tickets at $30/seat for your campaign to have broke even. That's a pretty aggressive goal given our recent history of not winning many games. That might be a good goal for the SMU game given the name awareness our fans have with that school but all other opponents the chance of making that level of ticket sales might be a much larger challenge, especially if you have "head winds" of poor out of conference and road game performance prior to an upcoming home game you're trying to advertise/promote/market.

Well that's what the Athletic Department is for. They need to figure it out.

They need to do something because it is certainly not going to sell itself.

1 hour ago, Green Mean said:

There are different levels of non interested people.  Fact is at this point it could be free admission but the product is and has been so bad for so long that we should probably just sticking to the core fan base for now and at same time hope and focus on putting a product that is work marketing.

That's why we are where we are.

Put a product on the field AND market.

24 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Well that's what the Athletic Department is for. They need to figure it out.

They need to do something because it is certainly not going to sell itself.

That's why we are where we are.

Put a product on the field AND market.

Nobody is saying not to market the product at all but it's extremely tough coming off a 1-11 season losing to an fcs school by 50 or so points.  People aren't showing up due to lack of marketing but because they've been awful to watch.  I'm not disagreeing with you in that marketing is key but that's not to blame people not showing up is what I'm saying.

• Upvote 1

Facebook advertising is very cheap.  You can do something as targeted as:

1. UNT alumni,
  2. who live within x miles of Apogee,
  3. who have shown interest in college football.

The costs would start in the hundreds of dollars range.  Plenty of other platforms can also get you targeted ads for cheap.  We need to be taking advantage of this.