Ticket Prices

NTAlum09

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

You can even give the tickets away and still come out ahead on two fronts:

1)  Concession sales

2) The stadium looks better with more people in it.

An empty seat will not buy anything to eat or drink! 

This.  And while they are at it, drop the cost to park at Fouts to $0.  That would help as well.  Seriously any price over $2 for GA end zone is too high at this point.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Product on the field is largely responsible for ticket sales. You can spend millions on marketing and promotions but if the team on the field is constantly not getting it done, you're just wasting money.

$12 just means there is not a lot of demand for those seats. If we start packing 28k to 30k per game, regardless of the opponent, ticket prices will naturally go up due to scarcity of ticket availability.

You're right of course but this is almost like a chicken or the egg question.  A large crowd, especially a large home crowd, gets the adrenalin

flowing and causes the team to put forth even more effort.  They're more likely to win with a large home crowd behind them.  That's why

cheerleaders and a large crowd noise help give the home team an advantage.

Another factor in large crowds is entertainment.  An exciting team that is entertaining and competitive sometimes outdraws a dull, boring

winning team.  We're 0-0 in wins and losses, same as SMU, so just show up and cheer.  It should be a close exciting game.

• Upvote 1

Question about Gen Admission tix: this is the first year I'm gonna have to go single game tickets (due to numerous schedule conflicts with game days). Anyone know how Gen Ad works as far as when you can purchase? Maybe I did it wrong but it seems like it wasn't letting me buy them online. Do you have to buy Gen Ad at the gate on game day? Thanks.

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Lurker said:

You can even give the tickets away and still come out ahead on two fronts:

1)  Concession sales

2) The stadium looks better with more people in it.

An empty seat will not buy anything to eat or drink! 

I believe UTSA did something similar to this their first season to build a fanbase.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Question about Gen Admission tix: this is the first year I'm gonna have to go single game tickets (due to numerous schedule conflicts with game days). Anyone know how Gen Ad works as far as when you can purchase? Maybe I did it wrong but it seems like it wasn't letting me buy them online. Do you have to buy Gen Ad at the gate on game day? Thanks.

Real easy. Just walk up and buy. When we did it in 13, I would be in line less than a minute or two. We would usually come in from Victory Circle. 

8 hours ago, forevereagle said:

In case anyone was wondering, we are getting the word out. This came up for me on Facebook today.

large.57c1e7567e4f2_-skh_chr.jpg

I did it! 

You're welcome, everyone. *wipes sweat from brow*

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On August 26, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Green Mean said:

Nobody is saying not to market the product at all but it's extremely tough coming off a 1-11 season losing to an fcs school by 50 or so points.  People aren't showing up due to lack of marketing but because they've been awful to watch.  I'm not disagreeing with you in that marketing is key but that's not to blame people not showing up is what I'm saying.

And awful for the last 10 years with a singular exception. 

You need something to market. If Litrell can do the impossible and win 4 or 5 this year, then you have a "team on the rise" angle. If Fine were to win the QB spot and do moderately well, you would have him to market (a lot there to work with). Morris is needed, but it's hard to market a 5th year guy that has thrown 1 FBS pass. We also know from DMac that rolling out Morris's 2 national title rings won't do a lot...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1