NT Tarrant County Alumni Mixer - Last Night

Mad Hatter

Had a great time at the UNT Alumni mixer last night.  Met some great alumni from the area, as well as some good folks from the University.  I thought it was nice to have an opportunity to just mingle, not have a set agenda or presentation.  There were around 60 of us, lots of folks wearing green, on a Tuesday night in Fort Worth.  Very encouraging.  I know they have several of these set up in other areas over the next several weeks.  I'd encourage everyone to go if it's in your neck of the woods.  Other "big time" schools can do these on a regular basis, lets at least prove we can do them once.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Had a great time at the UNT Alumni mixer last night.  Met some great alumni from the area, as well as some good folks from the University.  I thought it was nice to have an opportunity to just mingle, not have a set agenda or presentation.  There were around 60 of us, lots of folks wearing green, on a Tuesday night in Fort Worth.  Very encouraging.  I know they have several of these set up in other areas over the next several weeks.  I'd encourage everyone to go if it's in your neck of the woods.  Other "big time" schools can do these on a regular basis, lets at least prove we can do them once.

Go Mean Green!

Events are planned for each chapter on an on-going basis...not just once.  So, look for the next Tarrant County event.  Not all will be mixers as different folks like different things, but come...bring friends.  Enjoy.  Glad you enjoyed this one.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Tyler Maryak said:

Yes, I'm glad I decided to go ahead and go. It was particularly encouraging to meet the staff that were there. Their attitude seemed totally different than the status quo attitudes of the staff I worked with during my time as a UNT employee. One individual, who is fairly new to the university said "I'm tired of hearing 'potential.' It's time for North Texas to be what it is meant to be (paraphrased)." It brought a tear to my eye...

But did they know how we got the nickname "Mean Green"?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Next Tuesday night is Mexican sugar in Plano.  I hear they make awesome margaritas and have a five star level selection.  I drive over from Dallas last night and plan on being in Plano.  The more folks that show up to this the better and getting to know the leaders Is terrific.  It's good fun.  Let's break 75 peeps next week and wear green!

gmg

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, NM Green said:

Next Tuesday night is Mexican sugar in Plano.  I hear they make awesome margaritas and have a five star level selection.  I drive over from Dallas last night and plan on being in Plano.  The more folks that show up to this the better and getting to know the leaders Is terrific.  It's good fun.  Let's break 75 peeps next week and wear green!

gmg

I'll be there.   Looking forward to it!

• Upvote 1