Another Graduate Transfer QB option

TheReal_jayD

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Quite an assumption there.  They probably are unaware of his visit to Denton.  Then again, that doesn't fit your agenda, does it?

Let's see, his visit to UNT was the weekend before. Normally I would say they were just listing the big boys, but there is Arkansas St. staring you right in the face.

Why does your agenda always have to be me?

4 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Yep, maybe they thought since we already signed a grad transfer from B-A-M-M-E-R that there are more likely landing spots out there.

So you are saying the author of the article was Brett Vito?

Question. Think I know the answer. ?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

23 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

They probably are unaware of his visit to Denton.  Then again, that doesn't fit your agenda, does it?

Well it kinda does.

But then again, we aren't going to make anyone's list for anything - why would we - and that's a whole other conversation.

----------------------------------------------------

Back to the topic at hand, we really need to bring in a solid transfer QB for at least one more season.

Hopefully, Morris can have enough success in this system to pique the interest of a transfer QB with Driskel-level experience.

Don't get me wrong, if Shanbour can show that he can start, I'd love that. But we need the depth. Fine needs time to grow and learn as a passer (and physically), and we need depth other than Shanbour. (Obviously we need to also pick up another HS QB).

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

So I don't get the point of the latest entry in this thread.  This guy isn't available and he went to a P5 school.  End of story.  We aren't at the level where we can steer graduate transfers from other P5 opportunities yet.  He is at North Carolina State and he is starting for them?

He visited here for the spring game weekend, and chose NC State instead, as his previous OC joined the NC State staff in Raleigh. Just came across an article that notes him as the starter there and remembered the name from his time / recruitment in Denton.

• Upvote 2