MGB: UNT women's basketball look-ahead

Brett Vito

Vito, I figured you were above tacky writing.. IMMS?? Seriously? I hope not one Unt women's player or coach gives you something to work with.  I believe one of these ladies actually lost her mom semi-recently.  Shame on you Brett. Even bigger shame on your editor for letting this be posted. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

On 3/11/2016 at 1:21 AM, GMG24 said:

Vito, I figured you were above tacky writing.. IMMS?? Seriously? I hope not one Unt women's player or coach gives you something to work with.  I believe one of these ladies actually lost her mom semi-recently.  Shame on you Brett. Even bigger shame on your editor for letting this be posted. 

what?

23 minutes ago, greenminer said:

what?

Taking a dig at athletes who chose to transfer.  I Missed My Mommy Squad. Very petty writing, I found it extremely distasteful.  You think he would write that about Anthony Wallace or Marcus Trice or Bryce English?  A friend who read the article who knows the women's team better than I do, told me he was fairly certain one of the young ladies, mothers passed recently writhing the last year or two.  Even if that wasn't the case why was that in the article? Surely Jaile didn't get a kick out of it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

13 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I'm with UNT90 on this one.

Don't ever make me say that again.

Lol I will try, I just don't think that added anything to his story. Can we agree on that?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Taking a dig at athletes who chose to transfer.  I Missed My Mommy Squad. Very petty writing, I found it extremely distasteful.  You think he would write that about Anthony Wallace or Marcus Trice or Bryce English?  A friend who read the article who knows the women's team better than I do, told me he was fairly certain one of the young ladies, mothers passed recently writhing the last year or two.  Even if that wasn't the case why was that in the article? Surely Jaile didn't get a kick out of it. 

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say that is probably what Jalie and the transfers are calling themselves

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say that is probably what Jalie and the transfers are calling themselves

That thought first crossed my mind, however as much as Mitchell and Co. are present on Twitter, and never seeing it I figured that was the opposite.  I am having a hard time understanding the rationalization of this.

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Were the transfers able to practice with the team this season?  If so, that will be huge.

Yes, I am almost positive they were the practice squad that our girls went against.