nUTSAck Beat Writer says Litrell has the toughest job ahead of him

All About UNT

" Jared: Seth Littrell was a nice hire but UNT is still a tough place to win at until proven otherwise. UNT disappointed in their 2016 recruiting cycle and the Mean Green have so many question marks on both sides of the ball. Littrell desperately needed help at the quarterback position but I don't think they're getting it this season. "

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2016/2/16/10982496/coaching-carousel-roundtable-g5-cusa-aac-sun-belt-college-football

Worry about your own QB woes ya goofy looking...Sloth from the Goonies looking.... junior beat writer of a pub that has 5 readers.

144171102_640.jpg

No but seriously... we bring in a transfer from Bama.  Their QB of the future hangs up his cleats.

Our recruiting class could have been better but it was ranked above their class......but he says we had the disappointing class.

North Texas's only win last year was against KFC..... but somehow they are in better shape than us.

The truth is that UTSA's quest so self-validation wreaks of envy.  Posting a Twitter Poll as to who got the best coach directly after hiring a career-recruiter (ala Benford) exemplifies this.

15 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

" Jared: Seth Littrell was a nice hire but UNT is still a tough place to win at until proven otherwise. UNT disappointed in their 2016 recruiting cycle and the Mean Green have so many question marks on both sides of the ball. Littrell desperately needed help at the quarterback position but I don't think they're getting it this season. "

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2016/2/16/10982496/coaching-carousel-roundtable-g5-cusa-aac-sun-belt-college-football

Worry about your own QB woes ya goofy looking...Sloth from the Goonies looking.... junior beat writer of a pub that has 5 readers.

144171102_640.jpg

No but seriously... we bring in a transfer from Bama.  Their QB of the future hangs up his cleats.

Our recruiting class could have been better but it was ranked above their class......but he says we had the disappointing class.

North Texas's only win last year was against KFC..... but somehow they are in better shape than us.

The truth is that UTSA's quest so self-validation wreaks of envy.  Posting a Twitter Poll as to who got the best coach directly after hiring a career-recruiter (ala Benford) exemplifies this.

Jared's OTHER gig:

200.gif

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

144171102_640.jpg

It must suck to be them to be the little brother. I know we havent had success recently, but if we start winning and become a houston type team there is no one there to shut us down besides ourselves. If they take over and start being a G5 powerhouse UT would shut them down in a heart beat. See UAB, or UTA for that matter. But good luck nUTSAck. We all know jareds love them some nUTSAcks 

jared-fogle-new-york-post.png

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

While our average recruit was better, according to 24/7 they had the higher-ranked class.

It's tough for me to get too worked up about this.  Both programs are presently in the toilet.  Overall, we had a worse season than they did.  The comments about QB are obviously uninformed, but Morris is a one-year QB--Littrell can't build our team of the future around him.

If Littrell didn't inherit the worst program in FBS, he certainly inherited one of the worst.  The new UTSA coach (forgot his name) has a long way to go, but it's not as through Littrell has a substantially easier road ahead of him.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

why did anyone even start this topic?

how DARE you write disparaging remarks about our team, we've had at least one winning season over the past 11 years!!!

Ya, its funny. No outside criticism allowed. We will believe even though every thread of evidence says it's false hope.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 14

it's not about that 90. We all know the state of the program and where we currently reside.  The difference is that UTSA fans (let's be honest...he is a fan before he is a journo) seem to think their dick is somehow longer than ours..... STILL.

I wouldn't even give two shits if he had AT LEAST mentioned that UTSA will have a tough year as well..... but he didn't......and that is because they have the little dick/little brother syndrome

31 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

it's not about that 90. We all know the state of the program and where we currently reside.  The difference is that UTSA fans (let's be honest...he is a fan before he is a journo) seem to think their dick is somehow longer than ours..... STILL.

I wouldn't even give two shits if he had AT LEAST mentioned that UTSA will have a tough year as well..... but he didn't......and that is because they have the little dick/little brother syndrome

Vito a fan of UNT athletics? Some on here would violently disagree. 

Maybe people are so upset because it comes from UTSA, but even if it had come from Randy Galloway they would still poo poo it away because Randy just doesn't know the program like they know (overvalue, really) the program.

All outside evaluation is disregarded in the name of hope. Well, false hope, anyway.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Just now, UNT90 said:

Vito a fan of UNT athletics? Some on here would violently disagree. 

as they should but the difference between Vito and this butthole is that Vito can stick with an unbiased prediction and is usually spot on.

This guy allows being one of 5 fans of the Community College of Chicken to get in the way of being insightful and relevant as a journo.

Moreso I would like to add that after having reviewed the coaching hires at UTSA that I much prefer our own situation.  Their OC really looks like Cosh on his resume and the DC was a safeties coach at USM (looking for a new job I'm sure).   Both of them are from the Delta and have zero exp with San Antonio or that area of Texas.  Recruiting a bunch of New Orleans guys to come play at Tulane or LSU is not a hard task.  Telling them that they should go to the tourist trap known as San Antonio and to a university that has no pulse (I've been there just 2 months ago) will take a bit of a miracle.  The campus hangout is a Chuys or <insert chain restaurant name here>  I have literally seen articles from SB Nation about how Louisiana and TacoTown are on par in regards to recruiting and I almost puked.  Nobody is believing that nonsense and I look forward to the day our little dick friends in San Antonio realize what is in store for them

5 minutes ago, Eagle1855 said:

So the guy basically states that UNT isn't very good (we aren't) and opines we will have trouble at QB this season (not much of a limb to go out on, historically speaking) and everyone goes straight to attacks on personal appearance? Stay classy, fellow Mean Green.

It comes from a place of insecurity.  People actually hate UTSA, can you believe that?   All it takes is a dude or 5 to come on here and troll around, and people on gmg.com lose their minds and start a 'rivalry'.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Moreso I would like to add that after having reviewed the coaching hires at UTSA that I much prefer our own situation.  Their OC really looks like Cosh on his resume and the DC was a safeties coach at USM (looking for a new job I'm sure).   Both of them are from the Delta and have zero exp with San Antonio or that area of Texas.  Recruiting a bunch of New Orleans guys to come play at Tulane or LSU is not a hard task.  Telling them that they should go to the tourist trap known as San Antonio and to a university that has no pulse (I've been there just 2 months ago) will take a bit of a miracle.  The campus hangout is a Chuys or <insert chain restaurant name here>  I have literally seen articles from SB Nation about how Louisiana and TacoTown are on par in regards to recruiting and I almost puked.  Nobody is believing that nonsense and I look forward to the day our little dick friends in San Antonio realize what is in store for them

Dont hate on Frank Wilson, he'll be able to bring in some players.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Eagle1855 said:

UNT is superior to UTSA in every single measurable category. I don't know why anyone would care about what a writer (who is likely writing for love of sports journalism cares about UNT football or any other aspect of the university. A university that, again, is superior to UTSA in every way, shape, form. That they've caught us in a few down years with a handful of bad breaks in a single sport does not change that in my mind, at all.

We're selling ourselves short with this kind of rhetoric about a place like UTSA and by stooping to personal insults. But hey, it's just my opinion. And if that makes me sound like an elitist prick, I can say with certainty it won't be the first time and it surely will not be the last. 

cd3.jpg

I think if this would have been from a Louisiana Tech blogger a Marshall blogger Southern Miss blogger it would be completely different. He could have just as easily put lil Frank Wilson down just as easy as he put down Seth Littrell.. and he would have been speaking on something he actually covered and knew about. But the fact is its from this dbag who takes a shot at North Texas any chance he gets that's the real problem here and that's why people are upset.

• Upvote 4

If UTSA stirs the same kind of sports-hate (or more) than SMU does, you need to ask yourself why.  Is it because a dumbass or 5 came on a message board and drew you offisdes trolling?   If so, recalibrate your hate back to the real villains on the Boulevard, and disregard the birds who don't fly in Churroville.

I mean, we have played the same number of conference USA games against Lousiana Tech and UTEP in the timeframe that the "rivalry" with UTSA has developed.   If you don't have the same kind of sports-hate towards those guys as you do for UTSA, again, recalibrate your hate and spread it around to other CUSA West rivals.

• Upvote 4