emmitt01

How about we get UNT90 to change his avatar to a picture of Rick Villareal? And his signature says, "I love jimmy johns sammiches."

If you want to do the ultimate FU to the people chastising you for ranting about Ricky in every thread.... (UNTLifer, emmitt01) I'd say you should be a betting man, 90!

Edit: I'm on board with SL and I'm with with the few who want to see 90 proved wrong.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Downvote 1

Hell, I'd love to see me "proved wrong," but the talent on this team tells me that is very unlikely. 

Look at the schedule and find more then 3 winnable games. They simply aren't there. 

What I do find humorous is polls and threads about me filled with posts from people that supposedly don't want me posting because they don't like that I'm not all rah rah about this program. But yet there they are, calling me into threads and even making threads about me... Because they don't want to hear from me... So much lol.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, UNT90 said:

And my post wasn't aimed at you. It's clear that the problem wasn't with you because you weren't the problem. Your good people worked hard for you. I also bet you didn't lie to cover any of your mistakes repeatedly. And I bet you didn't lie to your customer base about anything. There are bad employees and there are bad supervisors. It doesn't sound like you were one of them.  But one of them does sit in the athletic director's office at UNT, and I worry about the affect he will have on the new football coach.

Bad supervision is the #1 reason for turnover in organizations. Not pay, not benefits. Money isn't the be all end all for a whole bunch of people. A good working environment means a whole hell of a lot, and good people will leave if it isn't there, because they have options.

What really happens at universities is that all the employees become like the bad supervisor.  This spreads like cancer, and it is impossible to change the culture of mediocrity after a few years.  Sadly, RV didn't create the atmosphere of mediocrity, people before him did.

9 hours ago, UNT90 said:

As long as RV continues as AD, there is really nothing to believe in. 

Yes, I'm to that point.

Do you think that JJ was able to succeed because he was such a good coach that he was able to overcome the shortcomings of his boss and department as a whole. Or do you think that RV was still putting forth effort back then because the infrastructure improvements and donations weren't accomplished yet and he had no laurels to rest on.

200.gif

Edited by Eagle-96

1 minute ago, Eagle-96 said:

Do you think that JJ was able to succeed because he was such a good coach that he was able to overcome the shortcomings of his boss and department as a whole. Or do you think that RV was still putting forth effort back then because the infrastructure improvements and donations weren't accomplished yet and he had no laurels to rest on. 200.gif

I always thought JJ was an excellent recruiter and average game day coach (which we traded for an ok recruiter and the worst game day coach in college basketball). I think he was probably able to stay focused on his goal (a better job) despite the atmosphere around him. I do think that atmosphere has gotten a lot worse since RV has learned that it doesn't matter how bad he fails, he isn't going anywhere. The lying also affects that atmosphere. The people inside the AD know the truth, and what kind of example does it set for them when RV just lies whenever confronted about a shortcoming inside the AD? Craziness.

So yes, the atmosphere has gotten worse over time. So have the hires.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, physics90 said:

What really happens at universities is that all the employees become like the bad supervisor.  This spreads like cancer, and it is impossible to change the culture of mediocrity after a few years.  Sadly, RV didn't create the atmosphere of mediocrity, people before him did.

If you are talking about the administration above the AD level, then I totally agree. Until such time as when someone(s) comes along and convinces and/or bullies the administration above the AD level to let a young dynamic AD come in and make sweeping changes, like what happened when "Jitter" Nolan hired Hayden Fry, then our athletic culture will always be "stay-within-budget-and-you'll-be fine". 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

If you are talking about the administration above the AD level, then I totally agree. Until such time as when someone(s) comes along and convinces and/or bullies the administration above the AD level to let a young dynamic AD come in and make sweeping changes, like what happened when "Jitter" Nolan hired Hayden Fry, then our athletic culture will always be "stay-within-budget-and-you'll-be fine". 

Yep. Don't matter if the ticket office is incompetent. Don't matter if we have to play 4 whore games a year. Don't matter if we win or lose Don't matter if the AD is incompetent in a lot of other areas, simply balance that budget and you have the UNT AD job for life.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

7 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Yes, I was talking about the people above the AD level: the President and the BOR.

• Downvote 1

Let's alter the terms of the bet.  I think this is something UNT90 and I will be on board also.  I am not as active and forceful as UNT90 but I agree with him 90% of the time.  I will change my avatar to a dumb-ass theme of your choice.  However we need to have terms for a payoff for UNT90 and me.   You guys have to change your avatars to a FireRV theme of UNT90's design/choice for entire football offseason when they end the season with 3 wins or less.  How about that?

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Let's alter the terms of the bet.  I think this is something UNT90 and I will be on board also.  I am not as active and forceful as UNT90 but I agree with him 90% of the time.  I will change my avatar to a dumb-ass theme of your choice.  However we need to have terms for a payoff for UNT90 and me.   You guys have to change your avatars to a FireRV theme of UNT90's design/choice for entire football offseason when they end the season with 3 wins or less.  How about that?

Na, most of them passively want him gone, anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1