Breaking! Sunday commits thread

TheReal_jayD

4 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

If I am reading it right. Looks like 2 from ft worth.

817 is a good chunk of Tarrant County. Not just Ft. Worth. 

2 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

And 405 is the WR with That played with Fine? Didn't he come on an OV?

I believe Fine and Pirtle's area codes are 918 or 539. 405 is Oklahoma City area

Edited by BillySee58

3 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

I love that they do these. I get all giddy when I see one, and it's fun seeing people trying to figure out who it is. 

It's an interesting way to talk about recruiting without talking about recruiting (thus breaking NCAA rules).

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Or said:

Nic Smith would be a big get. I didn't think we were in contention for him.

I heard from a reliable source UNT is going to offer Tyler Wilson, so he's almost certainly one.

Smith has had a surprisingly underwhelming recruiting process. Two running backs before him signed with TCU (Kyle Hicks) and OU, and he's had better numbers but much less recruiting action. Undersized but would be a great pickup.

I saw he got a crystal ball prediction to Sam Houston yesterday. Maybe he's visiting there this weekend, but would have to think he's ours if we want him. Only other public offer was SMU, and that appears outdated.

5 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Smith has had a surprisingly underwhelming recruiting process. Two running backs before him signed with TCU (Kyle Hicks) and OU, and he's had better numbers but much less recruiting action. Undersized but would be a great pickup.

I saw he got a crystal ball prediction to Sam Houston yesterday. Maybe he's visiting there this weekend, but would have to think he's ours if we want him. Only other public offer was SMU, and that appears outdated.

To me he seems like the type of player we could really build the program back quickly with.  Like Billy said, not a ton of p5 activity but great production.  I just watched his hudl again, and he is an electrifying player.  Very talented and plays against good competition in that district.  Hope we land him!

15 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Yeah, Nic Smith is a stud. We did a Hard Knocks-type series following Martin around all year (Wfaa.com/Warriors!) and he's the most impressive kid we covered. All-time rushing leader at the school, really good kid. He missed 5 games this year due to an injury, but once he came back they just rampaged on people. Until Allen came calling. Freaking Allen.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Liking the video of Smith, he doesn't look like he is a super fast guy because of his long strides, but seems to be a good between the tackles and outside runner with great vision. Impressive pick up

I agree. Doesn't look super fast, but never seems to get caught in the open field either.

• Upvote 1

I was hoping we would get the RB that committed to UTEP last night because he(the kid that commited to UTEP) was just like this, but adding Smith is huge. Huge because it shows we can pick up kids in DFW, and also this will make kids in the DFW area consider UNT and keep us in the minds of coaches in the area as well. 

I'm super impressed with Littrell and Company, a few days ago I think most/ if not all of us were thinking we couldn't get a fun class, but looks like we could do that. I looked at the C-USA class ranking, if we add the Augie, Hamilton, Bain, Haynes that took us up to 9th and it didnt factor in Morris or English.. So if we got those 4(augie, Bain, hamiliton, haynes) or even 2 or 3.. plus these kids we could finish in the top half of C-USA after a 1-11 year, which is great

10 minutes ago, Or said:

Yeah, Nic Smith is a stud. We did a Hard Knocks-type series following Martin around all year (Wfaa.com/Warriors!) and he's the most impressive kid we covered. All-time rushing leader at the school, really good kid. He missed 5 games this year due to an injury, but once he came back they just rampaged on people. Until Allen came calling. Freaking Allen.

Yeah, that was awesome. Love it when you guys do stuff like that, especially at Martin. Allen game was disappointing. Offensive played awful, unfortunately. 

14 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Liking the video of Smith, he doesn't look like he is a super fast guy because of his long strides, but seems to be a good between the tackles and outside runner with great vision. Impressive pick up

Smith is just speculation at this point. No official confirmation.