My visit to the Super Pit

MJavierSMU

18 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

@Cooley got the left hand hook shot part right.

I like Brice. He seems to like being here, but his footwork (especially on the defensive end) appears suspect. I said early this year that I thought he would struggle at times and he has. I think with good coaching (which means no Benford) and some hard work he will be amazing as an upperclassman.

Brice reminds me of a puppy dog as in his body is still trying to catch up with his feet. A lot of potential though. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Eh.. That's what happens when you lose interest. 

If you have "lost interest" as you state you have, why do you keep following the team, commenting on games which you have watched or listened to or read about and continuously post here in the basketball forum about the team?  Seems really odd for a person who claims to have "lost interest".  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, KRAM1 said:

If you have "lost interest" as you state you have, why do you keep following the team, commenting on games which you have watched or listened to or read about and continuously post here in the basketball forum about the team?  Seems really odd for a person who claims to have "lost interest".  

I know. We should all just go away.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, UNT90 said:

I know. We should all just go away.

Well, if you have lost interest as you say you have.  I think you protest too much...your actions speak louder than your words here regarding any "lost interest".  When most folks lose interest in stuff they stop doing it...you seem to have increased your following of the team...just from afar.  Perhaps you might want to just be honest and admit you still follow the team.  You certainly have not "gone away".  And, as far as I know, no one has suggested you should...or that anyone else should.  Seems to be a self-inflicted wound to me.  Your call.  Just why not be honest about it?  No shame in that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Well, if you have lost interest as you say you have.  I think you protest too much...your actions speak louder than your words here regarding any "lost interest".  When most folks lose interest in stuff they stop doing it...you seem to have increased your following of the team...just from afar.  Perhaps you might want to just be honest and admit you still follow the team.  You certainly have not "gone away".  And, as far as I know, no one has suggested you should...or that anyone else should.  Seems to be a self-inflicted wound to me.  Your call.  Just why not be honest about it?  No shame in that.

I've seen one game live (at UTA and mainly as an excuse to check out their new arena and their future NBA player. Unlike UNT, neither disappointed) and part of one game on TV.

Thats it. None on radio. Score updates here only.

So if I get names wrong, you know why. 

I used to be a season ticket holder, you know.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I've seen one game live (at UTA and mainly as an excuse to check out their new arena and their future NBA player. Unlike UNT, neither disappointed) and part of one game on TV.

Thats it. None on radio. Score updates here only.

So if I get names wrong, you know why. 

I used to be a season ticket holder, you know.

Yes, I know....so, why are you are on here discussing individual players, games, etc., etc. on a continuous basis...since you "have no interest". If you don't follow the team, on what level and how do you have any knowledge of the team and its players to post, often multiple times a day, about the team? Just seems odd for someone who "doesn't follow the team" and has "lost interest" to be so interested in posting about and discussing that team, it's coaches and players on such a continuous basis.

• Downvote 3

20 hours ago, Andrew said:

I am honestly am surprised we don't lob it to him in the post. If our offensive spacing was good he would have plenty of room to work or he would draw a foul on the entry pass. Reese simply needs to lob it into the post and let Brice do the rest.

He is soft and slow footed on the block not good combinations.  He would catch turn and face and try and hit a fade away.  or go over the same right shoulder for a little left hook. 

17 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Yes, I know....so, why are you are on here discussing individual players, games, etc., etc. on a continuous basis...since you "have no interest". If you don't follow the team, on what level and how do you have any knowledge of the team and its players to post, often multiple times a day, about the team? Just seems odd for someone who "doesn't follow the team" and has "lost interest" to be so interested in posting about and discussing that team, it's coaches and players on such a continuous basis.

Good to know are are firmly in the "drive away the unhappy" crowd.

Ill comment on what I want to comment on and you can decide if that meets you and the 100 other regular attendees standards.

deal? 

As you have so aptly pointed out, most of my posts are about the absolute train wreck of an athletic program and basketball program we have right now and who is responsible for such wreck. Rarely venture into the nuts and bolts, but since I did watch Bryce (for you) play at UTA and did watch his high school video out of curiosity before the season, I chimed in. 

Oh, and I was right about what he would be this year.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Good to know are are firmly in the "drive away the unhappy" crowd.

Ill comment on what I want to comment on and you can decide if that meets you and the 100 other regular attendees standards.

deal? 

Sure deal..no problem.  You are really good at avoiding the real question however.  And, no one drove you away or anyone else... personal decision...at least take responsibility for your own decisions.

• Downvote 2

Just now, KRAM1 said:

Sure deal..no problem.  You are really good at avoiding the real question however.  And, no one drove you away or anyone else... personal decision...at least take responsibility for your own decisions.

A crap ass AD and a crap ass product drove me and numerous others away.

Take responsibility for your friendships, and, more importantly, hold your friends accountable for their job performance.

14 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

He is soft and slow footed on the block not good combinations.  He would catch turn and face and try and hit a fade away.  or go over the same right shoulder for a little left hook. 

Yes, everything is going away from the basket and away from contact. Not what you want in your big man.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

14 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

For a freshman at his size he is atleast average when it comes to footwork. He may be soft but the more he is tested in the games the better he should get. I have seen him go both ways in the paint. He has a nice touch with his right and left arm. With the time put in he will be great.

6 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

A crap ass AD and a crap ass product drove me and numerous others away.

Take responsibility for your friendships, and, more importantly, hold your friends accountable for their job performance.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

You know that's not what I mean.  I'm more turned off by the infighting here than the other problems surrounding the university.  Rather than being champions for the school, it feels more like we are its enemies.

@Harry

Just to be clear, by "we" you mean me, right?

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

There is a vocal group of people on this board who contribute a lot to the negative tone on this site.

Here is an idea. Instead of pointing out how we are ruining your experience with our vocal negativity, just post positive things and ignore us. 

In case you haven't noticed, there hasn't really been anything to be positive about in quite some time. 

But we can all hope national signing day brings a surprise or 2 to change that, eh?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Here is an idea. Instead of pointing out how we are ruining your experience with our vocal negativity, just post positive things and ignore us. 

In case you haven't noticed, there hasn't really been anything to be positive about in quite some time. 

But we can all hope national signing day brings a surprise or 2 to change that, eh?

Just support the university. I do not enjoy losing, but nothing can keep me from UNT athletics. There is no one who has the passion I do for it (I would bet anything). Whatever the record and whoever the coach is I will be there and always talk UNT. The sad part to me is that someone with my enthusiasm gets ignored but people like Kram (who is a great guy!) get acknowledged. I do wish the AD had some with my passion who worked for them. I noticed they hired a young guy over the last year. He does what they al do. Talk to the same people who sit my the court and eat in the green room. I will say they need to get out there and actually get people involved. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3