Southern Illinois (12/12/15)

CMJ

Huh? What am I suppose to get back to you on? All three road games this year have been on espn3. Once we get into conference play we play on ASN which is what the football team has played on over the past few years. I mapped out the schedule months ago to make sure I don't miss a game.

UTA was not on TV and this is only our third road game of the season.  Also, ESPN 3 shouldn't count as being on "TV".

ASN does not "own" a TV station down here so again, we need a local channel to pick up the feed for us.  I hope you don't have your heart set on watching the games on TV because I don't see it happening.

UTA was not on TV and this is only our third road game of the season.  Also, ESPN 3 shouldn't count as being on "TV".

ASN does not "own" a TV station down here so again, we need a local channel to pick up the feed for us.  I hope you don't have your heart set on watching the games on TV because I don't see it happening.

21 always picked up the football games and basketball games in the past.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's amateur hour with this broadcast team.  I'm sure on the packet we gave them we insist to not call us North Texas State but some here will fail to blame the broadcasters and instead see it as a failure on the SID and AD.

/shrugs

No. Just no. Commentators don't call universities by the wrong name just because they want to. This is in fact another f up by our wonderful athletic department. 

We cannot shoot the ball. The guys need to hit the gym and run individual shooting drills for hours. This is ridiculous.

1-10. My wife can make 1-10! Heck we used to shoot around at la fitness and she made 6 in a row. This is foolish!

You keep saying the same thing year after year. The players keep changing, but the results dont. If anything we have regressed. In other words, it's not the players!!!

• Upvote 1

You keep saying the same thing year after year. The players keep changing, but the results dont. If anything we have regressed. In other words, it's not the players!!!

When have I backed the players or the coaches? It's all awful at this point. With that said its not that difficult to shoot a basketball. We really shouldn't be his bad at free throws and wide open shots. It doesn't how good or bad the coach is. Missing this many shots is pitiful.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

No. Just no. Commentators don't call universities by the wrong name just because they want to. This is in fact another f up by our wonderful athletic department. 

This is a broadcast for MVC, so it's their third rate broadcasters that can't get our name right.  These two have horrible in-game rhythm.  

But keep on keeping my man.  Don't let other people's failure prevent you from your faux rage against people who really have no control over what other people say on TV.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

When have I backed the players or the coaches? It's all awful at this point. With that said its not that difficult to shoot a basketball. We really shouldn't be his bad at free throws and wide open shots. It doesn't how good or bad the coach is. Missing this many shots is pitiful.

You don't really back anyone, but you rarely criticize Benford and always jump on the players even though we hockey substitute our entire roster every year. Maybe the coach just blows at coaching. 

This is a broadcast for MVC, so it's their third rate broadcasters that can't get our name right.  These two have horrible in-game rhythm.  

But keep on keeping my man.  Don't let other people's failure prevent you from your faux rage against people who really have no control over what other people say on TV.

K. Keep making excuses. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

You don't really back anyone, but you rarely criticize Benford and always jump on the players even though we hockey substitute our entire roster every year. Maybe the coach just blows at coaching. 

The hockey substitutions honestly have gotten a lot better. Benford is better but not great. He is a good recruiter and a good mentor for these young men. He is not winning and will be shown the door in a few weeks. I just want the players to stay around and have a chance to win. They won't win no matter who we hire if they don't shoot the ball better. I get that some hoops make it difficult (see the goals we play the GMG game on.... They are trash and so is the court). There are really bad courts in the leauge still (see the old UTA court). I can get playing bad on a poor court or having an off game. 9 games into the season and shooting steady awful.... That's bad!

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2