What do y'all think about dino babers???

TheReal_jayD

I would love Dino.  The only way we could get him would be to double his salary at a minimum.  We'd have to money whip him!  Reading some of the President's recent statements maybe that's a possibility.

If I had a sitdown with Smatty, based on what he's publicly said so far, here would be my message to him:

• Upvote 1

He's been mentioned a ton. Would love to have him. Is it likely he would come here? Probably not. 

For all the same reasons people have stated as to why Willie Fritz probably wouldn't come here. Despite the pay raise, which their current schools would try to match, it's seemingly a lateral move. They are closer to getting P5 offers where they are, instead of coming here and rebuilding. This is only one way of looking at it, though. Who knows what each guy would think or how much we could pay them. That's why I said probably not. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bowling Green plays tonight on ESPN 2. Can see what Dino's team is about. 

Thanks for the reminder! I watched Toledo last night...not exactly overpowering to watch (at least last night) but they are a good team.

BG is up 41 - 27 late in the 3rd Q. BG can clinch the MAC Eastern Div with a win tonight. Western Michigan is no slouch, also a good team. Coming in they were in first place in the Western Div of the MAC. This is a good game. Our offense would move the ball a lot like BG if we executed like they do. Our offenses appear similar.

Edited by EagleMBA

His offense gave our defense fits for the better part of three quarters. And his passing attack was, by far, the best we have faced all season. However, he seems to work from the "I-don't-care-about-defense-so-long-as-we-outscore-the-opposition" attitude. We ran for 399 yards and threw for 205 against them in a 59-30 victory. I realize that all fan bases ultimately boil coaching success down to wins and losses, but, historically, has North Texas, during good times, been run- or pass-oriented and has your program been offensively or defensively oriented during those periods of success? 

41-27 final. BGSU has averaged 590 yards offense this season, has over 500 yards offense in each of their last ten games, and again had over 500 in the rain tonight in Michigan.

Bring in a coaching staff like this and eliminate the worthless whore games and North Texas will soon be selling out Apogee on a regular basis. 

• Upvote 2

His offense gave our defense fits for the better part of three quarters. And his passing attack was, by far, the best we have faced all season. However, he seems to work from the "I-don't-care-about-defense-so-long-as-we-outscore-the-opposition" attitude. We ran for 399 yards and threw for 205 against them in a 59-30 victory. I realize that all fan bases ultimately boil coaching success down to wins and losses, but, historically, has North Texas, during good times, been run- or pass-oriented and has your program been offensively or defensively oriented during those periods of success? 

I can only speak for the teams from 2000 on.  
Run.  Run.  Run.  Defense.  Defense.  Defense.
Since 2000, we've had 4 winning seasons.  The running game and defense were VERY STRONG during those 4 seasons.  The passing game?  It was better when we were losing 8,9,10,11 games per year.