New Student Union Unveiling on Periscope

Harry

The Union looks amazing! I cant wait to take my daughter around later this year.She is a 9th grader right now with UCLA stuck on her mind. I have a couple of years to convert her. My son grew up at North Texas, so he has already planned on attending UNT as soon as he exits the Army. If I were a high school kid, the Union would certainly sway my decision! 

Well done North Texas!

GMG!!! 

• Upvote 3

Next thing the university needs to push through is a 60 mil expansion of Willis library and a research building to give us adequate space to begin the push for tier 1 status!

EDIT: I looked up the master plan, and as of 2011 the university is planning a $140 expansion/renovation of the library facilities due by 2021.  

Edited by MeanGreen13
  • Upvote 2

Next thing the university needs to push through is a 60 mil expansion of Willis library and a research building to give us adequate space to begin the push for tier 1 status! 

You mean that Scientific Research Building that's been fenced off since I started studying at UNT in Fall 2012? Since they've been trying to push for Tier 1 status so much, I'm surprised that they haven't done a dang thing with that building as far as I can tell. And I'd be down for an expansion of Willis, as long as those $60 mil includes renovation. The new library needs to be as modern and high-tech as the new union.

• Upvote 1

You mean that Scientific Research Building that's been fenced off since I started studying at UNT in Fall 2012? Since they've been trying to push for Tier 1 status so much, I'm surprised that they haven't done a dang thing with that building as far as I can tell. And I'd be down for an expansion of Willis, as long as those $60 mil includes renovation. The new library needs to be as modern and high-tech as the new union.

for sure... I think there are quite a few great examples of what is possible. I am at UofL now and they expanded their library recently and it is freaking awesome now! has an open fel in the older wing and a completely modern west wing. I think willis is placed in a way that you could expand it on 3 sides and really take advantage of the space around the library mall. I saw some renderings for it a while back. 

• Upvote 1