Eating crow tonight

untjim1995

i said we had 2.5 years of this Mac BS, all because we wouldn't buy him out. Thankfully, I've been proven wrong. 

This is rock bottom...nowhere to go but up or sideways from here. There is just not enough talent here to be competitive at this level, obviously. Hopefully, the next coach will pull off a miracle and begin to make inroads in recruiting Texas high school players that have talent to be recruited by other FBS teams. If we can, we can start the rebuilding process quickly. If not, we stay where we have been for the better part of the last decade.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

i said we had 2.5 years of this Mac BS, all because we wouldn't buy him out. Thankfully, I've been proven wrong. 

This is rock bottom...nowhere to go but up or sideways from here. There is just not enough talent here to be competitive at this level, obviously. Hopefully, the next coach will pull off a miracle and begin to make inroads in recruiting Texas high school players that have talent to be recruited by other FBS teams. If we can, we can start the rebuilding process quickly. If not, we stay where we have been for the better part of the last decade.

I think money was put on the back burner when we got slaughtered by a team we just paid (what, 400k?) to come get pummeled by us. That loss was the most inexcusable and sorriest game I have ever witnessed. UNT is probably going to have that loss in the record books as the worst FBS to FCS loss for the rest of time, never to be broken.

A lot of people are thanking Mac, and he did create a remarkable thing in 2013. But he did it with someone else's recruits.

in essence, if this embarrassment didn't happen today. I bet you Mac would have a job for (at least) the rest of the season. As sorry as this loss was, I can see the bright side to the firing of Mac. 

Also: Mark my words, if we don't get RV out of here... We might as well call coach Mac back up and tell him he's rehired.

#FireRickVillarreal

• Upvote 1

I'm having what untjim1995 is having.  Kudos to the decision makers & those that coughed up the dough to do what was right.  

Now, to those same people, you must understand that the guy running the show cannot be allowed to make another hire.  He's demonstrated his callousness & ineptitude in how he fired him, as well as how he put a co-interim HC (what's that?) up to replace him...  The decision-making... just not very good.

• Upvote 5