Group Train Ride from Plano to SMU Game

UNT 90 Grad

I just did a little recon work at Vickery Park over lunch.  Food was really good.   Good beer selection.  Friendly service, but a little slow.   It's a seat-yourself kind of place.   Their brunch menu will be available until 3pm on Saturday.   I plan to get to Vickery Park a little early.   If you want to eat and drink before catching the train, I suggest getting their a little early too or plan on catching a later train.  

There are a few parking options.  There is parking right in front of the restaurant, train station parking, and a Downtown Plano parking garage.  

This might be a good spot for celebrating a victory if things go right Saturday!

There's also a Vickery Park on Henderson Ave in Dallas which would be a 4 minute Uber ride from SMU for any post game fun. 

And UNT 90 Grad is correct about their food. A very high level above "bar food". Highly recommend you eat at either location. 

So where do we park that will be acceptable to leave the car all day while at the game? 

Even if you don't take DART you can still park in the Mockingbird Station DART lot and walk or bus over. 

ok so if I want to set up tailgating this is where I should take my stuff to? 

The spots on Bishop are sold and accounted for but you can take a cooler and find a spot to hangout. Just walk around and talk to people with a spot. We are very friendly and welcoming to visiting fans as long as they are friendly. 

Edited by MJavierSMU
  • Upvote 3

Is there a good spot on campus that I can just throw up some chairs and drink a few beers? I'm riding the bus down to the game, but am not interested in going to the student tailgate (on the student bus though). I figure East Side has a tailgate area. Anyone know?

If there's going to be a gaggle of us somewhere it'd be great to know.

Otherwise I'm going to set up my tent in lot U behind my car so I can watch the other games and keep my stuff charged.

Everybody's welcome to come by, lose at dominoes, drink some beer, and catch some games.

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 3

If there's going to be a gaggle of us somewhere it'd be great to know.

Otherwise I'm going to set up my tent in lot U behind my car so I can watch the other games and keep my stuff charged.

Everybody's welcome to come by, lose at dominoes, drink some beer, and catch some games.

the beer part has me interested...

• Upvote 1

Even if you don't take DART you can still park in the Mockingbird Station DART lot and walk or bus over. 

The spots on Bishop are sold and accounted for but you can take a cooler and find a spot to hangout. Just walk around and talk to people with a spot. We are very friendly and welcoming to visiting fans as long as they are friendly. 

If we park at DART Mockingbird Station are there plenty of spaces available or would we need to get there a bit early to secure a spot there?

Also how good of an option & viable is it to maybe park the car at Northpark or somewhere and taking Uber to the stadium?  I think My GF wanted to stay in that area somewhere after the game as well.  

• Upvote 1

If we park at DART Mockingbird Station are there plenty of spaces available or would we need to get there a bit early to secure a spot there?

Also how good of an option & viable is it to maybe park the car at Northpark or somewhere and taking Uber to the stadium?  I think My GF wanted to stay in that area somewhere after the game as well.  

I would recommend getting there early as the Mockingbird lot will fill up. If it does, you can park at the Lovers Lane station or the Park Lane station (which is right by Northpark) and hop on the train for a short ride to Mockingbird Station. Uber from Northpark is a good option too. Only issue with that is you may have a wait getting Uber leaving the stadium. 

I might have mentioned this before but Trinity Hall in Mockingbird Station is a great bar if you're looking for a spot after the game. 

Is there a good spot on campus that I can just throw up some chairs and drink a few beers? I'm riding the bus down to the game, but am not interested in going to the student tailgate (on the student bus though). I figure East Side has a tailgate area. Anyone know?

You can find a spot on the boulevard. As I mentioned before, strike up a conversation with any SMU fans with a spot and they will invite you to hangout.

Also, many people are walking around and drinking. Just make sure you have a cup to put your drink in. You can't carry around bottles unless they are in a cooler. 

• Upvote 2