Senior class comprehensive breakdown

BillySee58

fwiw league stats for pass d

http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/leader/24312/player/split01/category23/sort02.html

http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/leader/24312/team/defense/split01/category02/sort01.html

Like Rick is saying, imo the issues are more on the front 7. Although I think the LB unit (the side of the field Akunne wasn't) as a whole was our biggest weakness. DL issues still carry over from last year while a big can of ? comes with this new LB lineup.

Our pass D can hold its own in the league. Problems arise situationally when the DBs are having to do their job and the LBs as well.

But to get back on point, I hope Bean is as advertised, and that Wallace showcases that 4-star rating.

i heard positive things about bean, and i also liked what i saw. i was hoping he would play last season and it looked like the coaches did too considering he was #1 on the depth chart last spring.

bean does seem to have some injury issues. he was hurt at buffalo, was hurt last spring, and was out some this spring. while he was in there, not a lot if TDs up the middle. when he was out, TDs up the middle. he seems to be a baller when he's out there though.

Maybe Wallace excels in Cosh's system, but he was somewhat disappointing in Skladany's system.

when i think of a 4 star athlete coming out of high school, i expect speed to be part of the equation. the two 4 star transfers we had this season were slow. to be a four star athlete, i would expect some type of freakish athletic ability or size.

4 stars can be overrated. I think this was the case with Wallace. I think he's a solid 3 star that will produce at a high level when he stops thinking and just plays. I'm expecting to see significant improvement from him this year. I am also expecting to see improvement from the DL as a unit. Rick is right, the secondary as a unit is only as good as the DL. If we have 4 guys that stand up and patty cake with the opposing OL we will get beat eventually. Opposing QB's should never have more than 3 seconds back there to make a decision. Last year at times I saw QB's taking naps back in the pocket. Some ONE defensive lineman has to beat their man every play, run or pass. We didn't get a lot of that last year and I'm expecting that to change due to what I think will be a more aggressive defense as far as play calling and it being Patrick's 2nd year with the DL unit. I think the defense will be a bright spot, IMO. The offense, whew, who knows. I am expecting... X amount of yards a game. That's about as far as my expectations go with the offense.