UNT 2015 Coaching Caravan Dates Set

Harry

2015 Mean Green Club Coaches Caravan Dates and Locations are SET!

Save the dates for the 2015 Mean Green Club Coaches Caravan. The coaches could be stopping in a city near you. More details and formal invitation to follow.

5/19 - Gainesville, TX (5pm - 7pm)

5/20 - Ft. Worth, TX (11:30am - 1:30pm)

5/21 - Dallas, TX (11:30am - 1:30pm)

5/26 - Plano, TX (6pm - 8pm)

5/28 - Denton, TX (6pm - 8pm)

Interesting event out here in west Texas this past weekend. Texas Tech loaded up and brought their Saturday scrimmage to Midland. There was probably 10,000 people there tailgating and watching the Red Raiders. It might be interesting to see us try that in Gaineville, Flower Mound/Lewisville, Keller or another close community to expand our foot print.

Glad they are returning to Fort Worth, but I hate that it's in the middle of the day.

I am glad they are back to Ft. Worth as well, but it has been a very poorly attended stop on the Caracpvan. So, Ft. Worth folks need to really try to show up for this one. Let's see the Tarrant County folks make the effort to help keep these things going in Tarrant County.

Great to see the 11:30am lunch time as well...need to try new things as attendance has been very poor in both Dallas and Ft. Worth. Gainesville outdrew both last year by my count. That's nuts given the relative size of these places. So, good on the Athletic Dept. for at least trying something different. If it doesn't work, times can go back to evenings...or new locations can be found for future events.

Come on folks...pick one or two and show up wearing your green. These things are fun!

Oh, by the way...do not miss the Plano event...always the very best!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I am glad they are back to Ft. Worth as well, but it has been a very poorly attended stop on the Caracpvan. So, Ft. Worth folks need to really try to show up for this one. Let's see the Tarrant County folks make the effort to help keep these things going in Tarrant County.

Great to see the 11:30am lunch time as well...need to try new things as attendance has been very poor in both Dallas and Ft. Worth. Gainesville outdrew both last year by my count. That's nuts given the relative size of these places. So, good on the Athletic Dept. for at least trying something different. If it doesn't work, times can go back to evenings...or new locations can be found for future events.

Come on folks...pick one or two and show up wearing your green. These things are fun!

Oh, by the way...do not miss the Plano event...always the very best!

Jordan Case puts on a first class event in Plano.

Interesting event out here in west Texas this past weekend. Texas Tech loaded up and brought their Saturday scrimmage to Midland. There was probably 10,000 people there tailgating and watching the Red Raiders. It might be interesting to see us try that in Gaineville, Flower Mound/Lewisville, Keller or another close community to expand our foot print.

I've advocated for awhile that we should have at least one scrimmage in Frisco at the Toyota Stadium in the Spring. You get a chance to play at a nice stadium, in front of a large growth population, that is fairly close to Denton. If Plano is our best site for the Coaches Caravan,let's try and give that fanbase a nice gift for their fandom--of which Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Prosper, and Allen can all get to very easily and even bring a friend or two. Again, only for a scrimmage in the spring, but I think it would be good for everyone to try something like this.

But it would cost money to do it, so the answer is obvious...