NCAA Eliminates Immediate Eligibility Hardship Waivers

Cerebus

http://newsok.com/ncaas-elimination-of-hardship-waivers-devastating-news-for-khari-hardings-family/article/5402617

NCAA rules have long stipulated that student-athletes in football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball and baseball must sit out one year after transferring from one FBS school to another, but the NCAA has granted hundreds of hardship waivers to athletes in situations similar to Khari Harding’s.

The new amendment stipulates that instead of immediate eligibility being an option, the NCAA could grant a one-year extension to the athlete’s five-year clock. Because Khari Harding didn’t redshirt at Auburn, he could theoretically redshirt at Tulsa in 2015 and still have two more years of eligibility anyway.

Bad news for us and other G5 programs. Vast majority of these where players moving from P5 programs to G5 programs.

• Upvote 2

NCAA making it harder on the little guy?

Shocked, I tell ya.

#classactionantitrustlawsuit

I agree with #classactionantitrustlawsuit

Plus, in the spirit of me being angry about my taxes. Open up taxation on college sports and especially the lucrative bowl system.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1