MGB breaking news -- Petersen out at UNT

Brett Vito

You should definitely have a level of expectations when you are investing fiscally and emotionally into a program. You have earned that right. I'd dare say that given the support of athletics at UNT (public record) most on here do not.

You have no idea who does and who doesn't.

But ain't generalizations fun??...

I'd dare say that given the support of athletics at UNT (public record) most on here do not.

I'd dare say the majority of the most active posters are season ticket holders and MGC members. I know I see ~20 of them in the club level every home game, and I don't claim to understand who even most of the board members are in real life.

• Upvote 1

Well if you knew; all your previous conversations regarding the matter are moot points. Someone remarked that how could you know that TX would come calling; the question is why didn't you know. Maybe 1 year was good enough for you all.

So was it a done deal that Aston was going to UT when she came to UNT? If so, why UNT at all? Why didn't they just hire her directly from Charlotte?

And if it wasn't a done deal, quit blowing smoke. We all knew that it was a distinct possibility that UT would come calling.

Obviously confused and missed the entire point. Read back further.

Since you are "NotAFan" and yet you find yourself on a fan message board, it appears that you are the most confused of all. I'm officially done with this thread and the pointless turn it took.

• Upvote 2

I'm so confused by the direction this thread has taken.

Let me get this straight: A Jungian collective consciousness "ghost of coaches past" has manifested in this thread to cryptically haunt message board ("blog") fans for not closely assessing all the underpinnings of a women's basketball coach two hires ago. And, the main piece of evidence against said fans is that they didn't scream bloody murder at the mere possibility that Aston would use this job as a springboard to a higher-profile one? Don't we always discuss that possibility almost ad nauseum with every hire? That's the ever-present reality of the mid-major lifestyle.

excited.gif

Zombie Pat Summit, is it really you!?!?!?!

NotAFan, ahem, Mrs. Summit: Your handle is a little discouraging, but your typing skills for a zombie are quite spectacular!

Please reconsider, and join the Mean Green to cement your zombie legacy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1