Here's what frustrates me most

emmitt01

Larry Coker is every bit as old as Mac...but he's not stuck in the past. They don't have the horses to just line up and dominate, so they pull trickery out of their bag from time to time. On 4th and 1 they brought in a real live midget and threw him the ball. That took balls, of which we have none.

Blame Chico if you want...I just know that the offense he ran when Dodge was fired was one that didn't resemble paint drying. He rolled the dice. I GUARANTEE you thet, if Chico is made to fall on his sword, the next guy will be handed a copy of "The Junction Boys" and told to run an offense that resembles it.

• Upvote 5

Outside of throwing the kitchen sink at a Freshman QB that Mac was supposedly terrified of making mistakes and then dumbing it back down for the JR who knows the play book front to back... Did our game plan on either side of the ball ever change?

Week to week, opponent to opponent, score/situation to score/situation. Did we ever vary anything? That's what troubles me the most.

• Upvote 4

Outside of throwing the kitchen sink at a Freshman QB that Mac was supposedly terrified of making mistakes and then dumbing it back down for the JR who knows the play book front to back... Did our game plan on either side of the ball ever change?

Week to week, opponent to opponent, score/situation to score/situation. Did we ever vary anything? That's what troubles me the most.

Underrated post.

• Upvote 1

The Darius Terrell sightings were a pleasant surprise. Where he would normally give up on a route or let the ball bounce off of his hands, he was putting effort into catching the ball. Wish we had seen more of that during the season.

I don't know if the dumbing-down, vanilla-ment, of the offense is 100% on McCarney. I bet both he & Chico understand what they have at QB and know what they have to do in order to give the offense the best chance to move the ball.

Chico has a million different things he would like to do with the offense (we saw alot of creativity last year), but it's really hard when your QB cannot make reliable throws. I would say about 1/2 of McNulty's completions were due to receivers altering their routes to make pretty spectacular catches. The Marcus Smith TD for example.

• Upvote 1