DRC: UNT announces deal with Learfield (updated with info on impact on BTG, radio talent)

Brett Vito

On 4/20/2017 at 0:48 AM, Arkstfan said:

Learfield is the rare time where out-sourcing makes sense.

Thanks for the direct information. I've heard good things about Learfield but it was all third hand. The only real negative I've seen was that tweet from the LaTechReport and to be honest I don't know who they are. 

26 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

Thanks for the direct information. I've heard good things about Learfield but it was all third hand. The only real negative I've seen was that tweet from the LaTechReport and to be honest I don't know who they are. 

I've never known a La Tech fan to think anything was good.

Could well be that having an FCS across town, an FBS 30 miles away, the bulk of the state's population and business interests well south with no easy drive to Ruston had a greater impact on their Learfield outcome than Learfield simply doing the least it could. Tech re-upped with Learfield last June for $650,000 a year so their administration must not hate the deal. The existing deal was set to expire in 2018 so they renewed after eight years.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/college/la-tech/2016/06/26/la-tech-athletics-faces-fiscal-challenges/86412228/

Edited by Arkstfan
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Arkstfan said:

I've never known a La Tech fan to think anything was good.

Could well be that having an FCS across town, an FBS 30 miles away, the bulk of the state's population and business interests well south with no easy drive to Ruston had a greater impact on their Learfield outcome than Learfield simply doing the least it could. Tech re-upped with Learfield last June for $650,000 a year so their administration must not hate the deal. The existing deal was set to expire in 2018 so they renewed after eight years.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/college/la-tech/2016/06/26/la-tech-athletics-faces-fiscal-challenges/86412228/

True! I've seen a number of them still blame the Indy bowl for their administrations screw up that caused them to be sitting at home after a winning season. And why would the Louisiana legislature put a better road into Rust-on! 

As luck would have it. I was talking to a friend who is a suite holder about the spring game and wondered if the school was going to use it to fine tune the use of the video board. He said that one of the Learfield guys had visited with him during a game last year pointed out how wrong we were in how we use the video board, said we were not getting maximum revenue and it was too jarring for fans but they couldn't do much with it for the 2016 season because of the ad contracts in place but said they could make better use of it in 2017.

• Upvote 2