Football TV Schedule question...

I am not familiar with Sinclair either. Hopefully this arrangement will help us poor slobs in remote places like Atlanta. If anyone can come up with a Directv/Sinclair schedule or even info please share.

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2014/07/17/sinclair-broadcast-launch-american-sports-network.html

Apparently the Sinclair ownership (Smith family) is highly politically motivated and controversial with a penchant for refusing to show network feeds deemed to promote content that spotlights less than glowing right wing information. I hope none of that affects us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Broadcast_Group

Edited by Greenrex
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It's an odd mishmash assortment of small towns and various affiliations. Apparently they were dumped by Dish and DirecTV because they (Sinclair) doubled programing fees. Bankruptcy seems to have held forth as part of their overall business model/strategy.

Edited by Greenrex
  • Upvote 1

So we won't be able to watch away games in Denton with this?

From what I took after reading multiple sources on this TV Deal, Sinclair is trying to get Contracts with non-Sinclair Stations in the C-USA Markets that do not have a Sinclair Affiliate. As well as purchasing Albritton Network, which doesn't really help viewers in Texas. The 'Picture' may become clearer once Sinclair Broadcasts a C-USA Game or two this Season, imo.

Looking at the website linked above, TV stations are in:

El Paso

Amarillo

Beaumont / Port Arthur / Orange

Austin

San Antonio

Harlingen / Weslaco / Brownsville / McAllen

plus Oklahoma City

San Antonio! Woo!

So I'm guessing it'll be on The CW where they own it. Also, good news for DirecTV customers from out of town. According to Wikipedia, they reached an agreement hours before the previous one expired.

Edited by Jason Howeth
  • Upvote 2

San Antonio! Woo!

So I'm guessing it'll be on The CW where they own it. Also, good news for DirecTV customers from out of town. According to Wikipedia, they reached an agreement hours before the previous one expired.

I'm hoping that means I will see some extra games in Boise.

Now, I assume i can see the UT/UNT game on the Longhorn Network website, no??

because i HAVE to see the first game.... or could i find that on the espn 3 site?