DMN Ignores UNT

Did everyone miss that Vito said it was a simple miscommunication?

Don't buy it (the DMN nor Vito's excuse). The DMN has not included UNT in their college section online version links on a regular basis in over ten years since I cancelled my subscription. Vito just wants blog hits. They will include a UNT link for a few weeks...but it will be gone again when the huff dies down.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 1

Don't buy it (the DMN nor Vito's excuse). The DMN has not included UNT in their college section online version links on a regular basis in over ten years since I cancelled my subscription. Vito just wants blog hits. They will include a UNT link for a few weeks...but it will be gone again when the huff dies down.

So, let's not let the huff die down.

• Upvote 4

I got a long e-mail response late yesterday from Gary Leavell from the DMN stating they no longer give any of the area schoolsas a few years ago and that few readers are ever happy with the amount of cov r age they get. He said they probably tun as many or more btiefs about UNT thsn any other school since Brett is ddedicated only to UNT. I answered him today telling I see more every year why their readership continues to fall, and that I am in retail and if we didn't furnish our customers wwhat they want they go somewhere else. I also told him it is odd that Brett has told me he furnishes them stories nesrly daily and they rarely print half of them, so some one is full of somrthing that doesn't smell to good. Anyway we need to not let this rest. I feel we may end up with a decent article in tomorrows paper about the Conference U.S.A. meetings today. Keep up the fight, and GoMEANGREEN.

• Upvote 4

How much of a grasp does the DMN have on their readership? Do they have any idea what audience they are catering to?

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and think, yes! They do know! But by all accounts it seems like they are grasping for straws with excuses and readership is consistently falling.

They just don't look to good by any measure, and not just from Denton.

• Upvote 1