'15 OL Cody Wheeler (Allen)

See you at Portland State next year?

That's up in the air. Don't know yet if I'll reup the club COMMITMENT. I may just walk away like so many before me. The next month will determine that decision.

But since I have never seen you at a game (not saying you aren't there, but I don't know who you are, so I haven't seen you and won't see you for Portland St.), and I haven't missed a home game in4 years now, I doubt I'll see you at Portland Suck.

I may just do what I do with basketball. Show up when I want to without any real commitment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Billy did you go to the game?? Is there a rule that prohibits the "hosting university" from having scouts at the game? If not, I'm very disappointed and pissed off. Saw two smu scouts on Allen sideline the entire first half. One is the new recruiting coordinator.

No I wasn't. Not sure about the rules on that. Although today was a big day with some big visitors in town. Would've been cool to show them the atmosphere here with 20,000 people, even though it wasn't a UNT game.

That's up in the air. Don't know yet if I'll reup the club COMMITMENT. I may just walk away like so many before me. The next month will determine that decision.

But since I have never seen you at a game (not saying you aren't there, but I don't know who you are, so I haven't seen you and won't see you for Portland St.), and I haven't missed a home game in4 years now, I doubt I'll see you at Portland Suck.

I may just do what I do with basketball. Show up when I want to without any real commitment.

I have season tickets in 104, but had to give away my tix to 3 games this year due to my boys weekend activities.

Wheeler is the one with the red cast on his left arm. Allen advances to the state championship game to take on Cypress Ranch. Looking for their third straight state championship win.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Wheeler picked up a couple of FBS offers during the season from Fresno State and Colorado State. But that's not the big news here, unfortunately. Texas Tech head coach Kilff Kingsbury swung through Allen high school yesterday to talk to QB Kyler Murray. He also stopped to talk to Wheeler and they may be on the verge of offering him this weekend. Here's the article, but if they do offer it sounds like we'll lose another commit.

http://texastech.scout.com/story/1502714-wheeler-is-one-to-watch

Edited by BillySee58

Wheeler picked up a couple of FBS offers during the season from Fresno State and Colorado State. But that's not the big news here, unfortunately. Texas Tech head coach Kilff Kingsbury swung through Allen high school yesterday to talk to QB Kyler Murray. He also stopped to talk to Wheeler and they may be on the verge of offering him this weekend. Here's the article, but if they do offer it sounds like we'll lose another commit.

http://texastech.scout.com/story/1502714-wheeler-is-one-to-watch

Maybe since he picked up some additional offers and has some tech intrest, fans will give the recruiting just a little more respect...this late in the process, tech has him in case someone doesnt come through. And he may be ok with that and still go.

Maybe since he picked up some additional offers and has some tech intrest, fans will give the recruiting just a little more respect...this late in the process, tech has him in case someone doesnt come through. And he may be ok with that and still go.

Wheeler has always been a good commit. Even when he committed he had 5 D1 offers including ours (although only 2 were FBS). But that's more than most of our recruits. Even now, still 8 of our 11 HS commits either only have one other FBS offer or no other FBS offers. We need a strong finish to change that rate for this to be considered a good job of recruiting for the class, IMO.

As for Texas Tech's recruitment of Wheeler, they already have 5 offensive-line commitments. Although only 1 of those 5 is a true interior lineman like Wheeler, I think they may be done at offensive line unless they get Wheeler to commit. Since their current commits are pretty versatile.

But why would Wheeler be the only lineman they'd take at this point? Possibly because he is the high school center of Kyler Murray. And Tech is going after Murray hard, since their 4-star qb commit Jarrett Stidham recently flipped to Baylor. And Murray has been described as wavering with A&M starting true freshman qb Kyle Allen.

He could be a backup plan, but they don't really need a backup plan with 5 OL commits. If they are trying to get Wheeler to help sway Murray then we'll have to see how interested Murray is in Tech. They started a true freshman qb of their own. The school he's apparently looking hard at is OU. If Murray tells Kingsbury that he's not interested then maybe they don't offer Wheeler. But the article sounds like there's a good chance they offer. So we'll see. Should know by the end of the weekend.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

3rd o-line decommit of the class. 7th decommit total, not including Zavian Bingham or the DeSoto d-linemen.

This is IMO getting out of hand. If NT03's find (quoted below) holds any validity, I want to believe Mac will look at this growing, unfortunate trend and consider changing his methods.

This makes sense :

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1