Which team will step up in C-USA league play?

Harry

The Conference USA basketball schedule begins this week and for the first time in a long time there's no clear favorite to take the regular season title.

For so long, Memphis was almost always the prohibitive favorite to run away with the championship.

The Tigers are gone, leaving C-USA with somewhat of an identity crisis.

If there's anything that we can take away from non-conference play, it's the idea that this league is much more balanced than it has been in the past.

There have been some impressive wins and some head-scratching losses early in the season.

Among the impressive: UAB beat North Carolina. Charlotte beat Kansas State and Michigan. UTEP beat Tennessee. Louisiana Tech won at Oklahoma State. North Texas throttled Texas A&M, 61-41.

La Tech got drilled by Okie State, 70-55. That would have been the league's biggest win by far if it had actually happened.

Oklahoma State is pretty darn good this year. No shame in getting beat by the Cowboys this year.

How about SDSU beating Kansas on KU's home court? I am in San Diego right now and the local papers and news were all over that one! Who knew SDSU was going to be that good? Wow!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oklahoma State is pretty darn good this year. No shame in getting beat by the Cowboys this year.

How about SDSU beating Kansas on KU's home court? I am in San Diego right now and the local papers and news were all over that one! Who knew SDSU was going to be that good? Wow!

SDSU has been a very good team the last few years.

• Upvote 2

SDSU has been a very good team the last few years.

I wonder why the Mountain West seems to do better in basketball overall? Is it their proximity to talent or the budgets? UNLV is a powerhouse but teams like Utah State and SDSU are plenty good too.

Mandy knew.

• Upvote 1