The Stars are starting to climb the ladder

No shame in that. Modano came here with the rest of the North Stars not sure if this hockey in Texas thing would work. They needed a guy like Modano. A once in a lifetime player who is modest, approachable, and appreciative. He was never comfortable in the spotlight, but be knew it was his role. He knew that be had to be the go to guy for the new hockey fan, if this was going to work. I became a hockey fan the season before the Stars moved. I remember the early days vividly. I've watched hockey grow into what it is now. Modano has been easily one of the top 5 people that sold an entire region, not just state, on the sport. And I wouldn't say he wasn't the most important person in that task. Great win tonight. They were outplayed at times but fought and got the win in regulation. They now are in the 7th spot by 2 points ahead of Phoenix. The Thomas trade is now huge. Kari got run in the third and has a concussion. The number retirement ceremony tonight was classy. It was a nice touch to have different NHL players paying tribute in recorded messages during the game, and even had local sports legends as well. It was also classy for Troy, Roger, Dirk, and Rolando to show up. And a major shout out and thanks to Green Mean for the extra ticket.

The whole thing was great, from the walk to the presentation to Mike Madano. Roger the Dodger was there also. With a win and got to see Tim Thomas. The Cole was electrifying.

Largest Stars crowd ever in the AAC, nice new record.

It was amazing to me how moving this event was. With every seat I could see was full by beginning of the presentation, really cool. I think the presentation was better attended than the game. I do not think you could have asked for better a ceremony for Mike Modano, everything was well done and thought out. Really great event, I hope our AD and staff were there for the exposure and ideas.

We should have had a Go Mean Green meet up point before the game. We were drinking in the Victory Tavern, east of the walk on the northeast corner of that building. The Green Carpet walk was pretty cool too. Seemed like half my friends on Facebook were in attendance.

It was so good, even Jaydub rose from his secret hiding lair and attended. I have tickets tonight and am fearing the letdown, but, since my thing is breaking down stretches...here's my rest of the month for you all - 11 games/22 points on the line:

CBJ (W)

@STL (L)

CGY (W)

@WIN (W)

@PIT (L)

@PHI (W)

OTT (W)

WIN (W)

@CHI (L)

NAS (W)

@STL (L)

Very tough stretch followed by a relatively easy April (assuming they can actually start beating Atlantic division east teams they are better than.) 14/22 here won't feel great, but hopefully there will be some extra points earned from the tougher opponents as well. If we're going to be thrown to a top seed in round 1, I hope it's the Ducks (not that I would pick us against any of the top 3 if you put a gun to my head.) It's too soon for that type of talk anyway.

• Upvote 1

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-stars/headlines/20140310-stars-doctors-explain-what-happened-to-rich-peverley-after-collapse-on-dallas-bench-give-update-on-condition.ece

Never seen anything like that at a sporting contest, sounds like Rich is OK considering his condition. Maybe needs a medication change. The closed to this I was at the playoff game I think against Green Bay where a coach got hit and they stopped the game for half an hour.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-stars/headlines/20140310-stars-doctors-explain-what-happened-to-rich-peverley-after-collapse-on-dallas-bench-give-update-on-condition.ece

Never seen anything like that at a sporting contest, sounds like Rich is OK considering his condition. Maybe needs a medication change. The closed to this I was at the playoff game I think against Green Bay where a coach got hit and they stopped the game for half an hour.

Seen a couple of people crash before me but the only time at a sporting event for me was the kid that collapsed after a scrimmage play at Fouts during Spring Training. He completely crashed. And after care flight took him I spoke to one of the medics on the ambulance who said he was circling the drain and that they would probably clock him enroute to Parkland. But amazingly, they got him back and he survived. Im not sure he was ever the same again though.

Rick

What a freaking super and ultimate high on Saturday and the lows of last night. Glad to see Pevs better and by all indications if it were any other location he probably would not have made it. They may be completely obliterated tonight against the Blues or they may just have this super rally and get an epic and emotional team win. Will be an interesting game to watch for sure.

What a freaking super and ultimate high on Saturday and the lows of last night. Glad to see Pevs better and by all indications if it were any other location he probably would not have made it. They may be completely obliterated tonight against the Blues or they may just have this super rally and get an epic and emotional team win. Will be an interesting game to watch for sure.

We were talking about the two games at lunch and what a up and down anticlimactic reverse it was. Hopefully Pevs will be back soon. One of the articles said they had just changed his medicine, hopefully it is as simple as going a different route. I was given Propranolol (Inderal) when I was in my twenties when my arrhythmia was a concern, I know there are a lot of options. Mine kinda got better to a point where I have not needed medication of any sort in the last 20 years. At times short of a Holter monitor it can't be detected.

I hope the Stars have a nice win tonight it would be great for their confidence going into the last stretch.

Nice win it looks like, I did not get to see the game. OT win St. Louis a great place to win.

I tuned in for the third and OT and the team commitment to defense is night and day from what it was in January - especially against a really good time I thought would sweep us. It was weird to watch a Hitch team generate offense from defensemen the way we used to, but I really do think we could take them 5 or 6 games if they are our first round opponent, which would be a huge stepping stone for next year.

Also, Peverley is joining the team for the 2 pm presser today live on The Ticket if anyone wants to tune in.

What did they say?

Had a meeting and got sucked into the basketball game when I got back, but what Rudy said. He thanked the doctors for saving his life as well. Also, did anyone realize the same thing ended Jiri Fischer's career in Detroit a few years ago? I have no memory of this in 2005/2006, but saw an article I'll pull later about his experience and how it changed his life.

Yeah, the Jiri Fischer incident was the first thing that came to a lot of people's minds. I believe he tried to come back from it, but was un successful. As for Pevs, I think he can come back from this, but his health is the first priority. Take things slow.

Need to take care of business tonight against Calgary. Yotes lost last night to Boston so Dallas can go 3 points up on them with a win.

Calgary's record sucks, but they've been good lately. I tend to over-worry about every game, but highly concerned about this one.

Calgary's record sucks, but they've been good lately. I tend to over-worry about every game, but highly concerned about this one.

Every game needs to be taken seriously. Seems like last couple of years Calgary has had their way in some games against Dallas here at the AAC. Plus the schedule will get much much tougher after tonight so getting 2 points here is very very important.

Edmonton took a crucial point away from Minny this past week in a SO so you can definitely crap the bed on any given night regardless the opponent.