Dec 2 - HOD Bowl Team Announcements

bdan2002

The early New Orleans Bowl required each school to buy 7,000 tickets and I'm sure that there is a ticket requirement for every bowl.

I don't think that we would have any trouble meeting the requirement. If we can average 21K at Apogee and with more than 200,000 students and alumni in the Metroplex we should have about 30K at our first bowl appearance in the Dallas area.

The problem may be how many will purchase through the school? The university gets the full $75 credit if purchased through our ticket office but I'd think far, far less if Stub Hub or other cut-rate vendor makes the sale. They could, in fact, get no credit at all since the bowl wouldn't know which school the purchaser was from.

The weather could be an attendance factor but probably not a ticket sales factor unless everyone waits until the last minute to buy their tickets. If I'm spending several hundred dollars for tickets for my family then I'm going to do my best to be there for the kickoff. Weather conditions could dictate how long we stay but I'll take my chances. Not that many of the old Cotton Bowl games were played in horrible conditions.

• Upvote 2