Any news about McCoy?

North Texas Shep

I still think Smith looked like it was a shoulder. The had to gingerly raise his arm over his head to get his pads off and they immediately iced his shoulder and tried to immobilize his arm.

Purely based on the way he was flipped and came down head first, if he did not actually break something, I am fearful of some sort of rotator cuff/labrum issue. If so, those are not short term recoveries. I hope it is something else that a couple of weeks can heal. Smith has been one of our best receivers, if not the best.

I suppose we will find out at Coach Mac's press conference.

That's my biggest gripe with this coaching staff. They play the regulars well beyond the time that they should be rested. Injuries seem to occur more when the body is fatigued. Pegram was lost well after the game had been decided.

Not only does giving others a chance to play save wear and tear on the veterans it gives experience to the backups and improves morale of the squad. Who wants to bust their butt all week and stand on the sidelines when the win is no longer on the line? What is left the next year is a bunch of squadmen with no game experience.

• Upvote 3

I still think Smith looked like it was a shoulder. The had to gingerly raise his arm over his head to get his pads off and they immediately iced his shoulder and tried to immobilize his arm.

Purely based on the way he was flipped and came down head first, if he did not actually break something, I am fearful of some sort of rotator cuff/labrum issue. If so, those are not short term recoveries. I hope it is something else that a couple of weeks can heal. Smith has been one of our best receivers, if not the best.

I suppose we will find out at Coach Mac's press conference.

Really hope it is that too. Yes we got slightly better depthwise at WR this year, but the position is still not deep at all. Loosing smith would definitely hurt a lot

Edited by outoftown

Smith definitely looked like a shoulder from my endzone seat... it was just more disturbing that you could hear him yelling in pain when the trainers were diagnosing him

hoping for a seperated shoulder, because i think that would be best case scenario right now

He went in last game for the last couple plays/handoffs. He will have two years left, regardless of if he played any games this year or not.

Thanks, BillySee58. I still think Bergland is going to do some good things for us.