UNT/Rice Biggest On-Campus Game Since This Bowl Clincher

PlummMeanGreen

Most likely. I think there was one other person running it, but I did most of the running.

Then a good job by both of you, Rudy. :thumbsu:

As the "other" person who ran the flag for Talons in 2002, I'm a bit taken back by your indication I didn't run. ;)

Anyway, HALLOWEEN IS GOING TO BE EPIC. Costume is ready, friends have confirmed their attendance, 2 of which will be there first game. I don't plan on sitting or shutting up the entire time. Except, of course, when we have the ball. I know a lot can't make it, and understand completely. However, for those in attendance, we have an obligation to rock the house, make noise and create an atmosphere that will be entertaining for all the alumni & recruits watching on TV.

• Upvote 1

Ok now let's talk about Rice. They have a good offense, and it will be a tough matchup. I have nothing but bad memories of the 2 Rice/UNT games I watched in the Dodge era. Let's fill Apogee and erase them Thursday night with a victory.

Edited by jtm0097

I'm gonna go ahead and officially recant my statement about rushing the field. When we beat Rice, I'm all for it. Gatorade on Coach Mac and the whole nine.

If we beat those vaunted Rice Owls thisThursday night, I am tempted to strip down to (only) my lime green speedos and streak the stands waving my hands wildly like a mercury poisoned and infested mad hatter. Key word is: tempted. :)

We need this game....bad.

GMG!

Think Halloween Night At Apogee Stadium! floating-ghost.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Just a word of caution whenever we DO tear the goalposts down, watch out for others. I nearly got knocked out from the upright as it was being carted off to Fry St.

Wait a minute. The goalpost was carried off to Fry St. that night? Give me more details, that sounds legendary.

I agree that we should rush field with win. However, goalpost tear down should be saved for winning the conference/division.

As the "other" person who ran the flag for Talons in 2002, I'm a bit taken back by your indication I didn't run. ;)

Anyway, HALLOWEEN IS GOING TO BE EPIC. Costume is ready, friends have confirmed their attendance, 2 of which will be there first game. I don't plan on sitting or shutting up the entire time. Except, of course, when we have the ball. I know a lot can't make it, and understand completely. However, for those in attendance, we have an obligation to rock the house, make noise and create an atmosphere that will be entertaining for all the alumni & recruits watching on TV.

Couldn't remember your name, but I know there was another person running the flag, which I indicated. Not sure why you'd be taken back, but if you're offended, sorry.

Gettin' kind of personal aren't you Mr. 100 post on GMG.com?

And is it true that you are still using tweezers to find yours?

Gettin' kind of personal aren't you Mr. 100 post on GMG.com?

And is it true that you are still using tweezers to find yours?

I keep them next to my magnifying glass. BTW, I'm kind of too busy doing the Marine thing to be on here all the time. I post when I can. Relax.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I keep them next to my magnifying glass. BTW, I'm kind of too busy doing the Marine thing to be on here all the time. I post when I can. Relax.

Maybe a generational misunderstanding on your first comment, but to most Baby Boomers it would be considered an insult. Of course, most of my generation remember when we used to deport communist in the USA posing as capitalists, too. Now days the new normal is quite abnormal to those of us 60 years of age and older.

Nevertheless, we all salute your service to our country--no matter how run a'muck and divided it is at the moment and all that I believe being done on purpose, too.

GMG!

PS: TTG, you want to close this one down to?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1