UNT Professor kicks out student Student wearing A&M shirt

GreenBat

Several objections to the professor's action and also references to A$M. Take a gander at the cult like traditions at A$M and obsession with all things A$M.

This was tame. And warranted. Well done professor

I agree. We have flare ups like this (but outside of the jc campus) in Boise where a large congregation of Idaho alum/current students @ Idaho and fans live. Some attend BSU for various classes. All are savvy enough to be classy. UNT prof was spot on.

Edited by joeyvee
  • Upvote 1

I agree. We have flare ups like this (but outside of the jc campus) in Boise where a large congregation of Idaho alum/current students @ Idaho and fans live. Some attend BSU for various classes. All are savvy enough to be classy. UNT prof was spot on.

Agree Joeyvee -- also congrats on that Temple win!

You know, I never understood why a student at one school would wear the gear of a school they never attended--AT the school they attended.

I mean if for no other reason than respect, to do it is pretty galling. It's just "Look at me. I'm not really different or unique. I just have to be an obtuse a-hole."

Edited by LongJim

Clay and Lightner. If you graduated in '03, I'm not sure if Lightner had come to UNT yet. I wanna say there was one other, but I can't quite remember. There were also a couple tech grads in our tax research class (with Lightner) who were insufferable. That was the year Tech played at the Super Pit and UNT beat them.

And actually, now that you mention it, I think Clay was the reason for both the Tech AND the Kentucky connection.

Dr. Paul Hutchison went to tech for phd. Lightner was not a techie, she just taught there before UNT. She's a sooner. Clay is gone. Dr. Robertson went to UK.

A lot of slap dick tech acct undergrads come to UNT for acct MS because they can't hack it out there anymore/their MS acct is really selective.

Edited by MDH

A lot of slap dick tech acct undergrads come to UNT for acct MS because they can't hack it out there anymore/their MS acct is really selective.

Oh, that made me laugh. It's so very true.

UNT's MS program, on the other hand, will admit anyone with a pulse, then give them plenty of rope with which to hang themselves. Super easy to get into our program, not so much to finish.

I remember asking what kind of GMAT score I needed, and they told me 25th percentile. As in, if you can tie your own shoes in the morning without getting too much drool on the laces, you're in.

• Upvote 1

You know, I never understood why a student at one school would wear the gear of a school they never attended--AT the school they attended.

I mean if for no other reason than respect, to do it is pretty galling. It's just "Look at me. I'm not really different or unique. I just have to be an obtuse a-hole."

Having to wear something slightly inappropriate like the shirt of another school used to be a favorite bet. Now I don't think that's what this student was doing.