UNT Tackle Antonio Johnson day to day

Harry

Football

Johnson day-to-day

UNT’s bye week is coming at a good time for offensive lineman Antonio Johnson.

Johnson, UNT’s starting left tackle, was injured in the Mean Green’s win over Ball State on Sept. 14 and missed last week’s 45-21 loss to ninth-ranked Georgia after undergoing a minor surgical procedure.

Head coach Dan McCarney does not reveal the nature of injuries unless they are season-ending. He expressed confidence that Johnson will be back at some point this season.

“It’s day-to-day,” McCarney said. “The good news is that it is not season-ending. He will be back. It’s just a matter of when.”

Read more: http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20130923-notebook-unt-men-land-one-of-texas-top-players.ece

This reminds me. How is Quenton Brown doing on his re-hab? Will he be available for the Tulane game?

Also, I noticed in the gameday program for the Ball State game that there is a "Jeff Davis" QB/Frisco, listed. I don't find him on the roster posted on the athletic departments web-site. But I did notice that Jordan Gill was still listed. Didn't he transfer to an Oklahoma school?

Also (2), what about the very tall WR transfer from Vanderbilt via Argyle. I think his name is Brown.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

This reminds me. How is Quenton Brown doing on his re-hab? Will he be available for the Tulane game?

Also, I noticed in the gameday program for the Ball State game that there is a "Jeff Davis" QB/Frisco, listed. I don't find him on the roster posted on the athletic departments web-site. But I did notice that Jordan Gill was still listed. Didn't he transfer to an Oklahoma school?

Also (2), what about the very tall WR transfer from Vanderbilt via Argyle. I think his name is Brown.

Wow - great question on Brown, he's sort of been forgotten. Everything I heard was it would be October.

Wow - great question on Brown, he's sort of been forgotten. Everything I heard was it would be October.

I was just sick to see him limp off the field during spring practice. He was tearing it up out there and would have been one of the starters at DE this fall. Mr. Brown was talented and very high energy.

The original pronouncement after his surgery was that he should be ready for CUSA games. That would be Oct 5th....I hope.

• Upvote 1

Quenton and Antonio back for Tulane would be great, but isn't it great that our depth is handling things well after all? Thats another big improvement in the program.